• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

JohnnyUtah

DB covering up Covid until after Maryville game

Just now, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, would of been fun. If it wasn't for everybody cutting down on the distance thing a home and away could be done. Maybe we meet again in the playoffs in a few years. 

Would have to be regular season home & away.  McMinn is moving down to 5A.

15 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, would of been fun. If it wasn't for everybody cutting down on the distance thing a home and away could be done. Maybe we meet again in the playoffs in a few years. 

I figured they would have worked something into the regular season granted db  would beat  them next year honestly.  Kind of excited  to see mcminn play my papaws  high school  last time they had a game was the start of his senior year 1964!

41 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I've heard the Maryville folks say they had 9 players out. I haven't heard that all 9 were defensive players or even starters. If all 9 were defensive starters then that's pretty much their whole defense. But let's say that's so. How does that help McMinn?

:popcorneater:

24 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

I figured they would have worked something into the regular season granted db  would beat  them next year honestly.  Kind of excited  to see mcminn play my papaws  high school  last time they had a game was the start of his senior year 1964!

So which one was your grandfather on the 1964 McMinn County Team.

20201211_152356_2_(1)_001.jpg?width=590&

Edited by BarneySox2007

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

He didn't go to mcminn he went to sweetwater.  Dont think he was really into football other than to watch. He was more into working and starting a family back then.

1 minute ago, Haydiboy said:

He didn't go to mcminn he went to sweetwater.  Dont think he was really into football other than to watch. He was more into working and starting a family back then.

I think he may have played   his freshmen  year before he had his first kid. But im not 100% on that. 

19 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Where do you find the old team pics like this? I'd like to look at more. The only old team  pics I've saw are the ones around mcminn central  and mcminn county. 

Back in the early to mid 1900's,men had to grow up fast and many went to work instead of school.A lot of my family were dairy farmers and there wasn't a need for a PhD to do that.Those guys would laugh at us playing on coacht when there was a real mans job to be done for 12 to 16 hours a day.BUT,like one of my educated kids told me the other day,work smarter not harder.

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

I may have just read 9 players too. I thought it said defensive  but I dont know and I didnt say it helped mcminn. I said it helped  dobyns Bennett. And you cant deny a team missing players  can definely hurt their chances. I wish I could find that comment so I can reread if it said 9 defensive players

Both sides of the ball and not all starters. They had 14 out when they played McMinn. Others in games throughout the season, but I think the most they held out was the McMinn game. 

20 minutes ago, MLREB said:

Both sides of the ball and not all starters. They had 14 out when they played McMinn. Others in games throughout the season, but I think the most they held out was the McMinn game. 

So what you're saying is they built a lot of depth and we'll probably see Maryville back in top form next year.

46 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

I tried my best to start a family when I was in high school.:wink: