Class AAA Miss Basketball Candidates

WillieTheWildcats

I will go first with a player I feel deserves consideration and then everybody throws other names in the hat. My early candidate comes from a school that has had their fair share of Miss Basketballs. None other than Miss Steal Then Go Coast to Coast Khamari Mitchell-Steen from the Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats.

She can drain the 3 ball, steal then out run everybody to the rim, play pressure in your face defense, create scoring opportunities for herself and teammates and come up big on the boards. She has already had several big time games scoring in the upper 20 points.

Who you got to mention? Let's try to keep this thread going all season long. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I will go first with a player I feel deserves consideration and then everybody throws other names in the hat. My early candidate comes from a school that has had their fair share of Miss Basketballs. None other than Miss Steal Then Go Coast to Coast Khamari Mitchell-Steen from the Oak Ridge Lady Wildcats.

She can drain the 3 ball, steal then out run everybody to the rim, play pressure in your face defense, create scoring opportunities for herself and teammates and come up big on the boards. She has already had several big time games scoring in the upper 20 points.

Who you got to mention? Let's try to keep this thread going all season long. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

I think it's going to be hard to pick a Miss Basketball at the end of the season with the current environment of players or teams probably missing so many games.

3 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Very good point. 

I've seen Kamara play and agree she's very worthy of nomination, assuming she's as good as she was last year, and she'll probably be even better.
Thy were able to award the Mr. Football awards in football this year - even with some players and their teams missing games, so maybe they'll be able to do the same for basketball. I'm just concerned with some school closures and some counties eliminating all sports (Knox County?) until January, we may see even more cancellations after the first of the year.

2 hours ago, Tripdub14 said:

Bella Vinson from Coffee definitely has her name in the hat for AAA. She’s a once in a generation player, gifted with size athleticism and high BBall IQ and can shoot the lights out of the ball anywhere on the floor. I’ve seen teams run a triangle 2 on just her all season and she still hangs 30.

I will keep an eye out for her. I know Coffee County can produce talent since they beat Oak Ridge in a  Class AAA State Championship contest. I believe it was late 1990's when a blizzard hit East Tennessee.

12 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I will keep an eye out for her. I know Coffee County can produce talent since they beat Oak Ridge in a  Class AAA State Championship contest. I believe it was late 1990's when a blizzard hit East Tennessee.

That was 1993. The only reason i remember it quite well is because Coffee County had 3 losses the entire season. All 3 were to my alma mater White County including a 31 point loss to White County in the region Championship. That was Kellie Jollys sophomore season.