I have it as is

Cornersville lost 7 Sr.

Collinwood lost 5 Sr.

Eagleville lost 6 Sr.

Fayetteville lost 8 Sr.

Huntland lost 12 Sr.

Moore Co lost 16 Sr.

Wayne Co. lost 15 Sr.

I could have missed someone but this is from the TSSAA website as of 12/14/20. Fayetteville has a lot of talent coming back in '21 but that doesn't mean that they are a shoe in for the region. R5 has been one of the toughest in the state for 20+ years. This region eats its self. Everyone is penciling in Peabody for the state title game and even winning it. but they have also done this with SP, Huntingdon and many others. Do not sleep on R5 next year. Some have a lot of talent some are coming to retain there rightful place at the top and others are trying to make a splash in a new region.

I think Fayetteville is the favorite until beaten and will probably get more Transfers but i think Cornersville will be at the top 2 again. They have a lot of experience returning and are still young but will play older. Moore has a lot of ? but has a lot of talent to work with. Do they get any of the FC Transfers? I think Huntland slips just a bit but with FC getting put on 2 yr ban. How many FC kids Transfer to Huntland to have a chance to go to the playoffs. The Transfers could change a lot for either one of these schools. Eagleville will be good with there passing game but can they run the ball like they have in the past? Collinwood and Wayne Co both were in the playoffs last year so they know how to get there and will be tough. Someone will be left out but who?

Care to elaborate on the big bold area there? What is the story behind a 2 year ban? Haven't heard anything of that.

3 hours ago, H2Oman said:

Still still don’t understand the City being at the end of Fayetteville ?

The school district is Fayetteville City Schools, as opposed to Lincoln County Schools.

Also, before the county high schools consolidated in the '70s, the biggest high school was located in town and was known as Fayetteville Central High School, or Central for short. Central became Central Junior High when LCHS was built.

Fayetteville Junior High was the Fayetteville City Schools junior high in the same era and was known as City to differentiate it from Central. That building later became the City high school, and the nicknames (City and Tigers) stuck. The colors did change from orange and blue to orange and black, though.

• 2 weeks later...

With this much success and talent within a single region, I just want to say, I hope that all of the obstacles that were in the way for the '20 season are long and gone for the '21 season.  This region could once again send a team to Cookeville to represent the West.  It could also be the most fun region to watch, top to bottom.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the schedule looks to be finished for Cornersville as are many others. Pulled from Coach T. 

8/19 Richland H

8/27 Forrest A

9/3 Huntland A Region

9/10 Clay county H

9/17 Collinwood H Region

9/24 Eagleville A Region

10/1 Fayetteville H Region

10/15 Wayne County A Region

10/22 Moore County H Region

10/29 Zion Christian A