Hester returns to Ravenwood

MidTennFootball

22 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Agree wholeheartedly. If I was an administrator hiring a HC, he would be at the top of my list

I will point out 1 thing.  Hester left Ravenwood when he knew the athletes where drying up and went to Nolensville where everyone in the county knew was a hotbed.  Daniels came in and did a great job of rebuilding Ravenwood back up.  Now he is the knight in shining armor coming back after chasing the money to Alabama without much success on the field.  Like him or hate him Daniels did a great job and I hope his time with the family is everything that he is looking for

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

I will point out 1 thing.  Hester left Ravenwood when he knew the athletes where drying up and went to Nolensville where everyone in the county knew was a hotbed.  Daniels came in and did a great job of rebuilding Ravenwood back up.  Now he is the knight in shining armor coming back after chasing the money to Alabama without much success on the field.  Like him or hate him Daniels did a great job and I hope his time with the family is everything that he is looking for

Couldn’t be better said. Hopefully Daniels gets the credit he deserves. He certainly exceeded a lot of people’s expectations from when he took over. 

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Coach Hester went to the Quarterfinals in like his second year there, and made the first ever playoff appearance for the school or something like that in his first year.  Not really fair to classify him as chasing money, when he took on a new challenge and accomplished good things while he was there.  His parents live right across the street from the school...him coming back makes sense for everyone but you apparently.  You can appreciate Daniels without badmouthing Hester.  

16 minutes ago, FYB said:

Coach Hester went to the Quarterfinals in like his second year there, and made the first ever playoff appearance for the school or something like that in his first year.  Not really fair to classify him as chasing money, when he took on a new challenge and accomplished good things while he was there.  His parents live right across the street from the school...him coming back makes sense for everyone but you apparently.  You can appreciate Daniels without badmouthing Hester.  

It was their first appearance in awhile, not their first appearance ever. Ravenwood had success pretty early on with Rector at the helm

On 12/11/2020 at 5:22 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

Looks like the state championship game will finally be played at Cookeville instead of Oakland and Maryville every year.

Maryville would have been the 5th or 6th best team in Middle Tennessee this year and would have been  3rd or 4th best team in 6A for Mid Tennessee.  

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Ravenwood won a championship with Rector. As for Hester, good guy and coach. But if he really liked Ravenwood so much he wouldn't have left to start Nolensville. Much of what boowho said is accurate like it or not. 

My question is why didn't Ravenwood open the job up to at least see what interest there was?

Hard to ignore the pull of being able to create a program from scratch , esp when you know the talent will be there. It's not like he went far. 

If you have a chance to hire a coach who has won a state title and been able to beat Maryville, good chance your not gonna be able to do better than that. Why waste time with a search?

Midtn I have to disagree. It's not hard to turn away starting a program when your parents live across the street from where you are at and you used to go hunting where the school is located. He threw all that away when he left the first time to go to where the athletes were. 

Also and its just my opinion but if a coach leaves to go start a program down the road his loyalty goes with him. I just think they should have opened it up to see who was interested. There could have been an even better choice so its not wasting time. 

• Upvote 1