Westview and Ty Simpson

Just now, Tide21 said:

How many times has he been sacked over the last couple years ?  What game footage do the scouts have to look at besides him running for his life ?  I guess my main concern would be him getting hurt. You can’t play college ball if your knee is blowed out or shoulder from getting hammered every time you touch the ball. 

Ding Ding Ding,winner winner chicken dinner,not about a GoldBall" would be nice though" it woulda been about my kids future,he obviously has the skill set to shine thru a lackluster team he plays on but running for your life a future doesn't make ! Wouldn't wanna play at a school that constantly has line problems,yes I said constantly !

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Ding Ding Ding,winner winner chicken dinner,not about a GoldBall" would be nice though" it woulda been about my kids future,he obviously has the skill set to shine thru a lackluster team he plays on but running for your life a future doesn't make ! Wouldn't wanna play at a school that constantly has line problems,yes I said constantly !

They didn’t use to have that problem. They sent several linemen to the nfl I don’t know what’s going on now 

Edited by Tide21

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Linemen require excellent coaching imo,don't know their coaching situation just that they have had some turnover of late,

They used to have probably one of the best line coaches and head coaches in this area in Coach Cody, after him they have hired guys that have been there 1 or 2 years until the coach now, not really a way you can find success with new coaches and schemes every year. I remember when Simpson was about to come up I never thought he’d step foot in a WV Jersey because that program has fallen drastically. They should compete next season and he really good in 2A, but after Simpson leaves they won’t be that much competitive imo

2 hours ago, Goldenpride said:

They used to have probably one of the best line coaches and head coaches in this area in Coach Cody, after him they have hired guys that have been there 1 or 2 years until the coach now, not really a way you can find success with new coaches and schemes every year. I remember when Simpson was about to come up I never thought he’d step foot in a WV Jersey because that program has fallen drastically. They should compete next season and he really good in 2A, but after Simpson leaves they won’t be that much competitive imo

Have you not seen that other young QB they got coming up?

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Have you not seen that other young QB they got coming up?

I haven’t. I went to their Covington game this season, and talked with someone I know from Martin. He told me the future still is far off from what it has been before there. I know there middle school teams are always good, but they haven’t transitioned well to HS as of late.  Maybe that new coach can get it going because if they can, I see WV being a top team in the West until the next reclassification comes out