What schools benefit from open enrollment and does it leave room for cheating?

Golddoctor

27 minutes ago, Richmond30 said:

Correct...the kid moved into the area we serviced so we would have picked him up if he needed a ride. He didn’t so we didn’t go to his house. We don’t make it a practice to drive by every single house in the area we serve if there is not someone who needs a ride.

This is a serious question...if y’all have 25 streets that fall inside of your territory but there are no students that need a ride on those streets, do you tell your bus drivers to just go ride up and down them so you can say there is a bus route there? I don’t know any school system that does that. 

Our school (and system) has delt with the issue before in the same situation as the FC ruling. We've had players transfer in county to a residence with a bus route that ran to the school he left, and sat for a year to attend our school (per county AD). We've also had a player transfer here after moving to a residence where no bus ran, and did not sit (he drove). All this was/is determined by our county policy, and not TSSAA. The kid who did sit out a year investigated (his dad did) this and fought to get his son cleared to play his Sophomore season since there was a legit change of address, but was told by the same guy with TSSAA that ruled your kid ineligible that he had to follow county policy. Was also told that TSSAA had no position on zones or bus routes other than school policy. I could provide names, but I don't do that... there's an old discussion on the 'T involving some details if you'd like to look for it, and if it helps he was baseball and football, his dad was one of only two or three posters from Scotts Hill ever on here, and he's currently at UT on a baseball scholly. 

13 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I know if you try to transfer to Peabody and play sports you will be told you need a trenton address. 

you want to hear something funny ?  Gibson county is right down the road like maybe 4-6 miles. There are addresses near the school like on the same road and if you live there your kids have to go to Trenton. 

The entire campus of GCHS is in TSSD boundary..