Any Good Coaching Rumors

BarneySox2007

20 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Tom why is he in over his head? If I'm not mistaken he was a head middle school coach, pretty sure he spent a year as an assistant under Creasy at Oakland, and was a DC at Blackman before his promotion to HC. Sounds like a logical progression. 

Severely underachieved at Blackman with the talent they had. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, workinprogress said:

Tom why is he in over his head? If I'm not mistaken he was a head middle school coach, pretty sure he spent a year as an assistant under Creasy at Oakland, and was a DC at Blackman before his promotion to HC. Sounds like a logical progression. 

He was never a full-time assistant under Creasy.  The guy was a middle school coach that wasn’t prepared to be a head coach.  Not saying that he didn’t understand football, but there are a lot more things that go into being a good head coach.  He had less success than Watson.

• Like 1

After being a middle school head coach he was with Creasy as an assistant of some sort. Either way he became Blackman's DC under Watson. So imo you cant really say he went from being a middle school coach to a high school head coach. There were jobs in between. That is like saying Creasy went from being an assistant to being Oaklands head coach and leaving out his time at other stops including TC. 

So in your opinion what was Hartsfield lacking in? Who would you target for Blackman now?

8 hours ago, workinprogress said:

After being a middle school head coach he was with Creasy as an assistant of some sort. Either way he became Blackman's DC under Watson. So imo you cant really say he went from being a middle school coach to a high school head coach. There were jobs in between. That is like saying Creasy went from being an assistant to being Oaklands head coach and leaving out his time at other stops including TC. 

So in your opinion what was Hartsfield lacking in? Who would you target for Blackman now?

His program underachieved and was the most undisciplined team I have ever seen.  I repeat, Hartsfield never was a full time asst. coach for Creasy.  He may of charted plays on Friday nights.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Not sure who they will be able to get.  I would take a look at someone who has successful high school experience as a head coach.

2 hours ago, TomLHS said:

Not sure who they will be able to get.  I would take a look at someone who has successful high school experience as a head coach.

There are several successful lower classification Coaches who might be interested.   Greg Ryan at Greenback, Jason Fitzgerald at Meigs County, Derrick Rang at GP to name a few.

Whoever puts in for the job should ask for a longer than normal contract given the high turnover rate at the job.   As long as Oakland is in the Boro, they'll be the team to beat and faculty at Blackman will have to accept that beating the Patriots will be the exception as opposed to the rule in that region.

6 hours ago, workinprogress said:

If I'm not mistaken teaching/coaching contracts are on a year to year basis. 

I don't know of a public school system in Tennessee where that's not the case. And in fact, most of the coaching supplement contracts, as I understand it, are "at the pleasure of the system", meaning they can be cancelled anytime by the school systems. The teaching contracts do require notice where there is tenure, again from my understanding.   

• Like 1