Maryville College Coaching Search

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

1966. Is it yours?  I had a 1964.5 in high school in that same color. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3567529

No, I wish.  Just a random interwebz pic to remind our friendly barber that if John Chavis were to become the Maryville College coach he could look foward to seeing the Mustang Defense once again.  It worked so well at UT, you know.  

2 hours ago, Solomon said:

What's the job pay?

I've always wondered the same thing, apparently know one else knows or five people would answer at once. That would tell me a lot if the job was move up for certain people interested or not. Much as I love football I've never taken an interest in Maryville College and it's here in my hometown. Back when I was in high school the jamboree and playoffs games were at Maryville College because it had the biggest place to play at before all the nice football stadiums were built for all the local high schools. The last I remember hearing was that they played all day games because they don't have lights anymore. That would tell me enough not to jump on that band wagon. Goodness that sounds like something out of the 1930's.

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I've always wondered the same thing, apparently know one else knows or five people would answer at once. That would tell me a lot if the job was move up for certain people interested or not. Much as I love football I've never taken an interest in Maryville College and it's here in my hometown. Back when I was in high school the jamboree and playoffs games were at Maryville College because it had the biggest place to play at before all the nice football stadiums were built for all the local high schools. The last I remember hearing was that they played all day games because they don't have lights anymore. That would tell me enough not to jump on that band wagon. Goodness that sounds like something out of the 1930's.

No lights aren't that unusual for D3 schools, who don't give athletic scholarships.  They aren't big budget programs and most play day games to cut down on travel and lodging expenses and play other schools within a relatively short driving distance.  

Edited by HTV

1 hour ago, HTV said:

No, I wish.  Just a random interwebz pic to remind our friendly barber that if John Chavis were to become the Maryville College coach he could look foward to seeing the Mustang Defense once again.  It worked so well at UT, you know.  

"That was a tuff car. Mustangs. They're tuff." - Johnny Cade

"Tough and tuff are two different words. Tough is the same as rough; tuff means cool, sharp--like a tuff-looking Mustang or a tuff record." - Ponyboy Curtis

Edited by Red Rebels
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Neyland Stadium didn't get lights till 1972.  

29 minutes ago, HTV said:

No light's aren't that unusual for D3 schools, who don't give athletic scholarships.  They aren't big budget programs and most play day games to cut down on travel and lodging expenses and play other schools within a relatively short driving distance.  

That makes good sense, I can understand that. Just seems to me most of the people that I know that are interested in their program are Alumni and not the average fan like me. I think another thing that hurts my interest is not knowing where most of these places are that play them.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That makes good sense, I can understand that. Just seems to me most of the people that I know that are interested in their program are Alumni and not the average fan like me. I think another thing that hurts my interest is not knowing where most of these places are that play them.

You could ask. 

6 hours ago, Solomon said:

What's the job pay?

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I've always wondered the same thing, apparently know one else knows or five people would answer at once. That would tell me a lot if the job was move up for certain people interested or not. 

I know.

It is more than compatible to MOST current HS head coaches.

It's paying the assistants that is going to be the problem.