Meigs offseason and 2021 outlook

MeigsTiger88

9 hours ago, crow said:

I don’t know anyone involved with the events that you’re referring to. Man if you’ll read back I’ve not brought up a single thing about all the mess that was going on there since right after Jones was named HC except responding to you or Roy or maybe OP but I think even OP has let it go. Everyone wants to get back to football talk and I’m good with that but I think you and Roy are either enjoying all of it or you’re both allergic to reading or something. I agree it’s a new era at SP. one I’m thrilled to see start for y’all. I’m thrilled because your community and you program deserves so much better than you’ve had and I believe you have it now. I look forward to  seeing what this coach can do for y’all. But make no mistake, when you or anyone else wants to quote me and throw your little jabs I will respond. If you wanna talk football I’m glad to do that to. 

I never brought it up.  You did.  I called you on disparaging character comments based on hearsay. 

3 hours ago, Cashmeout said:

Why does this thread have ANYTHING to do w South Pitt or Oneida?  We don’t play SP (1-1) last 2 years or Oneida (haven’t lost to them since 2015). 

The East is Meigs County's to lose in 2021.  The trickiest step may be playing Jasper 2x.

After playing Meigs 2 years in a row I feel I could have some real input, Meigs has a coaching staff that is second to none this year l, the line will be very well coached and play disciplined football . The QB will be a year older and has great pocket awareness, he has a great since of when to tuck and and scoot ! This team will have solid recievers that have the athletism to go up and win 50/50 balls. I know Yeti has said there are some questions about who will tote the rock but with the athletes that take the field I don’t think they will lack in this area ! Everyone remember in small ball coaching is a big part of it IMO more so than 4 A and up with the huge staffs and kids galore in the halls ! I personally think we will see anotherMeigs team in the Gold ball game!

GL Meigs. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

After playing Meigs 2 years in a row I feel I could have some real input, Meigs has a coaching staff that is second to none this year l, the line will be very well coached and play disciplined football . The QB will be a year older and has great pocket awareness, he has a great since of when to tuck and and scoot ! This team will have solid recievers that have the athletism to go up and win 50/50 balls. I know Yeti has said there are some questions about who will tote the rock but with the athletes that take the field I don’t think they will lack in this area ! Everyone remember in small ball coaching is a big part of it IMO more so than 4 A and up with the huge staffs and kids galore in the halls ! I personally think we will see anotherMeigs team in the Gold ball game!

GL Meigs. 

Good post man. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 7:32 AM, Yeti said:

Any Meigs poster manage to attend practice yesterday? Curious on your thoughts.

I just heard yesterday that our Sophmore laden team will be having a preseason scrimmage against the two time State runner up Meigs County in the fall if our new coach (who ever that might be) doesnt change it.Although I almost could understand if he did,that's gonna be a hard row to hoe for our young team!

35 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I just heard yesterday that our Sophmore laden team will be having a preseason scrimmage against the two time State runner up Meigs County in the fall if our new coach (who ever that might be) doesnt change it.Although I almost could understand if he did,that's gonna be a hard row to hoe for our young team!

Should be fun. Hope it happens.