Meigs offseason and 2021 outlook

MeigsTiger88

On 7/28/2021 at 8:17 AM, Yeti said:

Managed to see some of practice yesterday. We are looking better than I thought we would be at this point. Our line has made a few strides in the off season for sure.

Well that’s big news. I heard that was a big worry if Meigs is looking to get back to state!  I attribute that to the great coaching staff at Meigs. I think they are hard working and just a very good coaching staff.  Good chemistry. 
what about RB?

7 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Well that’s big news. I heard that was a big worry if Meigs is looking to get back to state!  I attribute that to the great coaching staff at Meigs. I think they are hard working and just a very good coaching staff.  Good chemistry. 
what about RB?

Our starting lineup will be as good as you would normally see at Meigs which is above average the last few years. Depth this year is gonna be key. The scrimmages we have coming today and the next few weeks will be to figure out who the next men up will be. As far as RB goes we will have talent at that position as good as any in 2A this year using multiple backs. The only issue with that is that those players will also play defense some. We will definitely share the load among many this year and it should look good doing it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Yeti said:

Our starting lineup will be as good as you would normally see at Meigs which is above average the last few years. Depth this year is gonna be key. The scrimmages we have coming today and the next few weeks will be to figure out who the next men up will be. As far as RB goes we will have talent at that position as good as any in 2A this year using multiple backs. The only issue with that is that those players will also play defense some. We will definitely share the load among many this year and it should look good doing it.

As good AS ANY in 2A!   Well alright then!  This might be the year

14 hours ago, Yeti said:

Guess Marion isn't concerned with Meigs as much as they have spoken about their line.:ph34r:

Marion has a long way to go before they have to worry about meigs.  The region is brutal and even with all the returnees, the questions remain, can we throw when we have to?  There are gonna be times when a holding penalty brings us way back.  Qb play will be an issue in that case, although I like the coaches plan for that position.  The other question is, can the defense be stingy.  Last year it was like Swiss cheese.  Can the second year coordinator make strides in that area?  Time will tell.  Lots of talent to work with, that's for sure.

Meigs vs Loudon vs Hixson Varsity.

Our scrimmage went pretty well Friday against Loudon and Hixson. Meigs had some success moving the ball against both teams using the run and pass. Defensively we were able to slow down both teams run game enough to be effective. Loudon had success against our secondary with a potent passing attack. If any weakness for Meigs vs the two teams it was against the pass vs Loudon.. Loudon looks to top 5 in 3A again this year. Hixson is 4A but looks to be improved some over the 2-8 2020 season. No injuries so it looked to be a good day for all three teams.

Young guys looked very good. Was impressed from alot of the young players as well.

Edited by Yeti

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

Marion has a long way to go before they have to worry about meigs.  The region is brutal and even with all the returnees, the questions remain, can we throw when we have to?  There are gonna be times when a holding penalty brings us way back.  Qb play will be an issue in that case, although I like the coaches plan for that position.  The other question is, can the defense be stingy.  Last year it was like Swiss cheese.  Can the second year coordinator make strides in that area?  Time will tell.  Lots of talent to work with, that's for sure.

We're all in need of fine tuning still. We're just trying to maintain at this point and hit full stride mid season. We normally have our best adjustments it seems from game one to game 2 of the season. 

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

Meigs vs Loudon vs Hixson Varsity.

Our scrimmage went pretty well Friday against Loudon and Hixson. Meigs had some success moving the ball against both teams using the run and pass. Defensively we were able to slow down both teams run game enough to be effective. Loudon had success against our secondary with a potent passing attack. If any weakness for Meigs vs the two teams it was against the pass vs Loudon.. Loudon looks to top 5 in 3A again this year. Hixson is 4A but looks to be improved some over the 2-8 2020 season. No injuries so it looked to be a good day for all three teams.

Young guys looked very good. Was impressed from alot of the young players as well.

Sounds like first  gold ball already locked up!  

• Upvote 1