Meigs offseason and 2021 outlook

MeigsTiger88

51 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

Ya'll forgetting about Tyner.  Coach Turner done more for the kids in that program than anyone can ever match, but the product on the field is fixing to get a little better, I believe.  Should be a tough region that will face an even tougher region in the playoffs.

Coach Turner is was retired from employment. Not forgetting,  just hard to talk about a team that doesn't even have a coach at this point. They very well could beat us all but they need to get something together fairly quickly or other schools could see some transfers.

Edited by Yeti

46 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Coach Turner is was retired from employment. Not forgetting,  just hard to talk about a team that doesn't even have a coach at this point. They very well could beat us all but they need to get something together fairly quickly or other schools could see some transfers.

They have made a hire.  A good hire too.  And we will always have transfers in Hamilton County because of zoning.  

36 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

Tyrus Ward.  Was at brainerd the past few years.

I know him, he's a good coach. Met him at the Marion and Tyner game last year. He was checking out the competition some. He's a good hire albeit I still don't think the previous coach warranted a firing. For every bad season Turner had he had 8 or 9 good ones in-between. Either way, I hope he does well.

On 3/1/2021 at 5:45 AM, Yeti said:

That very well could be the case. It depends on if Bledsoe manages to take another step forward this coming season. I dont know alot about them really, but knew they were a good team in 20. 

I think Bledsoe has come about as far (round 2 exit) as their coming. Looking at the schedule above I see week 3 being a wake up for Bledsoe going into the lair known as Meigs.   The big showdown in week 11 Meigs at Marion will give someone the inside track to the state.

I think Meigs defense returns a lot this year.Defense wins especially on the road. So for the moment I’m leaning Meigs wins the district. I will keep my ear to the ground for spring practice reports.

9 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

I think Bledsoe has come about as far (round 2 exit) as their coming. Looking at the schedule above I see week 3 being a wake up for Bledsoe going into the lair known as Meigs.   The big showdown in week 11 Meigs at Marion will give someone the inside track to the state.

I think Meigs defense returns a lot this year.Defense wins especially on the road. So for the moment I’m leaning Meigs wins the district. I will keep my ear to the ground for spring practice reports.

We just hope to compete.

9 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

So you're saying Meigs is going to mop the floor with the region huh? Hopefully Marion can field a team this season.