Meigs offseason and 2021 outlook

MeigsTiger88

7 hours ago, Yeti said:

We're all in need of fine tuning still. We're just trying to maintain at this point and hit full stride mid season. We normally have our best adjustments it seems from game one to game 2 of the season. 

It’s early so everyone needs fine tuned. If them young bucks from Meigs grow and get a mean streak that will be huge.I think Meigs returns 2-3 good starting lineman. 

Redskins are supposed to be real good this year.  So if Meigs is toe to toe with them that speaks volumes.  Hixson should be improved from last year.

1 minute ago, playoffs said:

Any report on the scrimmage at greenback with Meigs.

We looked pretty good I thought. Defensively against the run we were able to slow or stop them often times. Game simulation we would have forced alot of punts but we had a 10 play drive ruleset for the scrimmage I believe it was. Our secondary looked much improved over last weeks scrimmage. We had a couple of tipped plays on defense and three interceptions total I believe it was. Offensively we only passed a handful of times but looked good doing it especially when our Varsity recievers were in. Our run game is mostly what we worked on. We had some success running the ball but still aren't where we want to be or can be for the regular season I believe. We have a few more backs that will have touches this season that we didn't use. We also didn't allow our qb to have contact or run the ball any so that handicapped us in that regards considering his ability. 

Overall we will have a good season this year. I can normally tell how good we're gonna be every year in a scrimmage but with the 10 play ruleset and all the substitutions we have done I've not got a good feel yet really. Greenback seemed to have a much better defense and defensive line over last years squad. I believe overall their run game is improved over last years team as well. If they improve their offensive line just a tad they could make a decent push in the playoffs. Just my thoughts.

On 8/8/2021 at 10:00 AM, Yeti said:

We looked pretty good I thought. Defensively against the run we were able to slow or stop them often times. Game simulation we would have forced alot of punts but we had a 10 play drive ruleset for the scrimmage I believe it was. Our secondary looked much improved over last weeks scrimmage. We had a couple of tipped plays on defense and three interceptions total I believe it was. Offensively we only passed a handful of times but looked good doing it especially when our Varsity recievers were in. Our run game is mostly what we worked on. We had some success running the ball but still aren't where we want to be or can be for the regular season I believe. We have a few more backs that will have touches this season that we didn't use. We also didn't allow our qb to have contact or run the ball any so that handicapped us in that regards considering his ability. 

Overall we will have a good season this year. I can normally tell how good we're gonna be every year in a scrimmage but with the 10 play ruleset and all the substitutions we have done I've not got a good feel yet really. Greenback seemed to have a much better defense and defensive line over last years squad. I believe overall their run game is improved over last years team as well. If they improve their offensive line just a tad they could make a decent push in the playoffs. Just my thoughts.

Will the kid that broke his leg be back? Any other bumps or bruises?

6 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Will the kid that broke his leg be back? Any other bumps or bruises?

He's expected to be back mid-season right now. He's already walking around, but in some pain and a little limp. Hard to believe he walked again as soon as he did though. The kid and modern medicine are both impressive nowadays. As far as bumps and bruises we have a few with nagging injuries. Nothing serious to my knowledge but a few have been ordered to heal up to be ready for Sweetwater game one. 

13 hours ago, Yeti said:

He's expected to be back mid-season right now. He's already walking around, but in some pain and a little limp. Hard to believe he walked again as soon as he did though. The kid and modern medicine are both impressive nowadays. As far as bumps and bruises we have a few with nagging injuries. Nothing serious to my knowledge but a few have been ordered to heal up to be ready for Sweetwater game one. 

Well that’s good news. That should be a nice midseason pickup for Meigs!

3 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Now you sounding like the ole Marion county boy  that’s just hoping to compete! My goodness…

Not my intention really. I normally have sized up our squad and have done a comparison to previous years team by now. We just haven't really went all out yet on offense or defense for me to get an actual comparison. I will say some of what I've seen has been really impressive though.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

Not my intention really. I normally have sized up our squad and have done a comparison to previous years team by now. We just haven't really went all out yet on offense or defense for me to get an actual comparison. I will say some of what I've seen has been really impressive though.

Some real football talk!  That why we all like you! Straightforward  football talk without the sandbagging and over exaggerating!