Meigs offseason and 2021 outlook

MeigsTiger88

1 minute ago, DeafOrGlory said:

You are happy with coming in 2nd two years in a row?  I’m not.  I’m proud, but hardly content.  Any successful organization (military, Fortune 500 company, sports team) looks back over a previous performance and studies what went right, what went wrong, and what was in our control and what was not.  This reflection must be conducted honestly and apolitically.  Check egos at the door.... Fail to do that and people die, companies fail, and someone else wins the championship (respectively).  

It was said to me recently that if your season ends in Cookeville, you had a great year.  My response was “Yes, unless you lost there when you could have won. “

In 2019, we should have won.  For 2020, we could have won.  

I'm happy our kids and coaches were both talented enough to get there and compete. Its all we as fans should ask for. Around 47 teams didnt make it to that game around 20 or so didnt even make the playoffs. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it. 

3 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I'm happy our kids and coaches were both talented enough to get there and compete. Its all we as fans should ask for. Around 47 teams didnt make it to that game around 20 or so didnt even make the playoffs. If it was that easy everyone would be doing it. 

Dang Yeti it is tuff being on top lol I for one think you guys had a great year. Not to make the guy mad lol

1 minute ago, Yeti said:

I’m thankful for the opportunity and appreciate the long road there.  However, what is easy is not my measuring stick... Nor is it that of #2, 8, 34, 52, 57, 60, 71 (apologies to the other badasses that I inadvertently left out).  

1 hour ago, DeafOrGlory said:

You are happy with coming in 2nd two years in a row?  I’m not.  I’m proud, but hardly content.  Any successful organization (military, Fortune 500 company, sports team) looks back over a previous performance and studies what went right, what went wrong, and what was in our control and what was not.  This reflection must be conducted honestly and apolitically.  Check egos at the door.... Fail to do that and people die, companies fail, and someone else wins the championship (respectively).  

It was said to me recently that if your season ends in Cookeville, you had a great year.  My response was “Yes, unless you lost there when you could have won. “

You truly think you "Should and Could" have won???Nope and nope.As Yeti said it was two very good years for Meigs but you met the inevitable in Cookeville.NOW we have to deal with the best team in 2A WITHOUT a doubt playing down in our little league so Meigs has a great shot this year but still has multiple obstacles to overcome.Sometimes you just have to tip your hat and say congratulations (like in these two cases).Good luck to Meigs!Your road has gotten easier so make the best of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

Yeah hard to beleive they dropped to 1A lol 

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Almost funny.

2 hours ago, Raider1234 said:

lot of paper enrolement lol jk don't want anyone to get bent out of shape I am sure it was legal lol

The Peabody football team just took a collective breath.......

guess what they smelled ?  

FEAR.     :roflolk:

4 hours ago, DeafOrGlory said:

Meigs got wrecked give credit where credit is due 

2019 you got two different game plans in 2020 in got the same game plan for 4 quarters 

running left didn’t help but even if you would have mixed it up it would have been same outcome but might have been closer games 

On 12/15/2020 at 4:33 PM, TheBest2018 said:

The current QB isnt in the same league as Swafford was.  He is a good player but Swafford was an Elite player.  He carried the team on his shoulders.  He was the only weapon utilized on those teams.  People knew he was carrying it and still couldnt stop him.  #2 had lots of help in 2020 which took pressure off of him.  Not comparable.

The play calling did not set up the play style that the current qb has. Swafford did not have to carry the team on his "shoulders". Plenty of great athletes on the team that could have been utilized. Glad they got a chance to do something on the field this past season.