D-B 

Maryville 

Oak Ridge 

The Castle @ TN High 

Franklin Co. 

Lincoln Co. “The Pit” 

Sevier Co. 

Science Hill

Last but not least Rhea County Eagle Stadium Bill Horton Field. 

Also honorable mention because I love the view Maryville Heritage 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

My top 10 5A/6A stadiums that I have been to is 

in no particular order. 

Bradley Central

D-B 

Maryville 

Oak Ridge 

The Castle @ TN High 

Franklin Co. 

Lincoln Co. “The Pit” 

Sevier Co. 

Science Hill

Last but not least Rhea County Eagle Stadium Bill Horton Field. 

Also honorable mention because I love the view Maryville Heritage 

Good list.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I don't have a Top 10 and in no particular order...

Jack Armstrong Stadium / Blankenship Field / The Ship : Oak Ridge High School, Home of the 72 Steps to Glory.

Clinton's Dragon Stadium: no track around the field so fans are on top of the action.

Kingsport DB's J. Fred.

I would like to add Sevier County. If you sit at the top of the visitors side and turn around a mind blowing view of the East Tennessee Mountains greet you.

• Like 1

I lived in Oak Ridge & UTK for my first 40 years of life then moved to Chattanooga to teach and share my life with my wife for the last  18 years.

In Middle East Tennessee, Oak Ridge's Blankenship Field is by far number 1. victORry RWR! Farragut is sad because I have sat on their side with many Wildcats around me. If you can't defend you own side what good are you?

Down here in the Chattanooga area, South Pitt and Marion County rule the roost.  The rest of the Stadiums atmosphere is sleepy. However, Concession Stands, Band / Flag Corp./ Cheerleaders are soaring. Brainerd, Tyner and Howard are a joy to watch entertain the fans. Tyner has the best Fish Sandwiches.  I eat two at the game and take one home to eat as I read CoachT and watch Channel 9 highlights. Didn't get a Fish Sandwich this season. Maybe next season.

Oh, the best Chile Dog I have had at a stadium is Clinton in the mid 1990s. Bought two and ate them. Went back for two more but when I went back to the stands a dude has took my spot. Thankfully Willie  Fred Pettus moved over and let me sit next to him. I played sports with his son and newly Inducted Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Famer Kim Pettus. If you ask me Willie Fred should be in the Hall of Fame himself. Heck, induct the entire Pettus Family.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 2

I really enjoy going to Oak Ridge. Even for the kiddo's little league games. There's just something about Blankenship.

Maryville is great and Heritage has that view.

Clinton is my biased favorite but it really is a great place to watch a game, even if the product on the field isn't great.. All three of the schools in Anderson County have pretty nice stadiums to be honest.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I lived in Oak Ridge & UTK for my first 40 years of life then moved to Chattanooga to teach and share my life with my wife for the last  18 years.

In Middle East Tennessee, Oak Ridge's Blankenship Field is by far number 1. victORry RWR! Farragut is sad because I have sat on their side with many Wildcats around me. If you can't defend you own side what good are you?

Down here in the Chattanooga area, South Pitt and Marion County rule the roost.  The rest of the Stadiums atmosphere is sleepy. However, Concession Stands, Band / Flag Corp./ Cheerleaders are soaring. Brainerd, Tyner and Howard are a joy to watch entertain the fans. Tyner has the best Fish Sandwiches.  I eat two at the game and take one home to eat as I read CoachT and watch Channel 9 highlights. Didn't get a Fish Sandwich this season. Maybe next season.

Oh, the best Chile Dog I have had at a stadium is Clinton in the mid 1990s. Bought two and ate them. Went back for two more but when I went back to the stands a dude has took my spot. Thankfully Willie  Fred Pettus moved over and let me sit next to him. I played sports with his son and newly Inducted Oak Ridge Sports Hall of Famer Kim Pettus. If you ask me Willie Fred should be in the Hall of Fame himself. Heck, induct the entire Pettus Family.

Amen to Willie Fred. That ole fella will probably be buried in his Wildcat jersey. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him miss a football OR basketball game in my lifetime, and he has to be going on 90 some odd years old. A super fan if there ever was one. God bless him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, tubthumper said:

This has been done to death but hasn't been done in quite awhile. I'm a fan of football history and architecture. Here are the factors: capacity, design, history, environment. Public Schools Only. Who's on your list.

10. Franklin County High School

9. Patriot Stadium- Henry County

8. Shackle Island-Beech

7. Calvin Short- Gallatin

6. Shields Stadium- Maryville

5. Lindsey Nelson- Columbia Central

4. Blankenship Field- Oak Ridge

3. Bill Clabo- Farragut

2. J. Fred Johnson Stadium- Dobyns Bennett

1. The Pit- Lincoln County

I may do one on forgotten fields and stadiums if I can get my pictures all rounded up this weekend maybe. I think everyone would really enjoy that.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

Having Coached in Blankenship and in Clabo and playing in DB's Stadium (Even before they added the upper deck) DB's Stadium is nicer and more like a College Stadium than a Blankenship and Clabo.  You have 100 + band members playing the War Chant and loud as can be.  

https://www.timesnews.net/vasity-football-bearden-at-dobyns-bennett/image_4067a21a-1189-11eb-8298-cb374c086263.html

One that I haven't seen mentioned except once is The Stone Castle for TN High.  One of the coolest places I played at because it's literally playing inside of a Castle.

http://www2.btcs.org/ths/football/Castle.htm

The Castle hands down. 

• Upvote 1