Top 10 Stadiums in 5A/6A

tubthumper

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

DJI_0005-scaled.jpgI may be a little biased, and I know we are not 5A/6A but I am very happy with our stadium here in Milan. I’m my opinion it is one of the top venues in the state. 

I agree BPM, Milan’s stadium is very nice. DYERSBURG has a nice venue as well. Again I know they are not 5/6 A

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Dash said:

I agree BPM, Milan’s stadium is very nice. DYERSBURG has a nice venue as well. Again I know they are not 5/6 A

In my opinion Dyersburg is the top facility in west TN outside of Shelby Co. the people that built Dburg’s stadium built Milan’s. It is older but has more visitor seating and has a Jumbotron. That puts it ahead of Milan in my opinion. 

9 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

DJI_0005-scaled.jpgI may be a little biased, and I know we are not 5A/6A but I am very happy with our stadium here in Milan. I’m my opinion it is one of the top venues in the state. 

No need to think your bias at all. Milan has a very nice place and a great history in Tennessee High School Football. Still remember them well coming to Kingston the week after the Yellow Jackets slid past Maryville and winning the 71 game and the azz beating they put on us at Alcoa in 77 in a double header state championship game.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

No need to think your bias at all. Milan has a very nice place and a great history in Tennessee High School Football. Still remember them well coming to Kingston the week after the Yellow Jackets slid past Maryville and winning the 71 game and the azz beating they put on us at Alcoa in 77 in a double header state championship game.

Thanks Barney. I appreciate the kind words. 

Some of my favorite stadiums in East Tennessee in no particular order are:

Soddy Daisy

Bradley Central

Cleveland

Rhea County

Oak Ridge

Sevier County

Jefferson County

Greeneville

Science Hill

Dobyns Bennett

Morristown's Burke-Toney Stadium

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

Purely as a fan my two favorites are Oak Ridge with its "I'll kill you steps" and the Pit at Lincoln County.

At both you have the prime high School football experience.  Loud entusiatic crowds and good food at their concession stands and thru their booster clubs!

I wish everyone on here could have experienced Bounder's ribs!  Bounder I cannot think of them without remembering the smile on my Mother's face as she enjoyed them with me.  For that....an eternal Thank You. 

I still need to go to that Pizza place next to the field!  LOL

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Purely as a fan my two favorites are Oak Ridge with its "I'll kill you steps" and the Pit at Lincoln County.

At both you have the prime high School football experience.  Loud entusiatic crowds and good food at their concession stands and thru their booster clubs!

I wish everyone on here could have experienced Bounder's ribs!  Bounder I cannot think of them without remembering the smile on my Mother's face as she enjoyed them with me.  For that....an eternal Thank You. 

I still need to go to that Pizza place next to the field!  LOL

There was a time I hated Riverdale because they owned VictORy City on the football field. In time, I learned to respect the Warriors because of the class and pleasant nature of Lost Old Dad, and his friendship with Oak Ridger  Papa Bounder.

As for Big Ed's Pizza, my sister and her family bought one and froze it then brought it down to Chattanooga for my birthday last month. I was thrilled.

Merry Christmas Lost Old Dad and Riverdale Nation.

• Like 1