Lake County 2021 schedule

lakecounty1968

2 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I think it's stupid to go play Ensworth a private school that recruits and has over 1100 students and tuition is 30,000 .I'm sure they could have scheduled someone else.Ripley,Milan,Lewis Co.Why not Dyersburg or Dyer co if your going to play a school with over 1000 students and closer.Etc.I know Lewis Co has been wanting to play for years .Rather do that and the drive instead of a school 4 times the size and recruits.Why pick up Fulton Co and Obion Central?Schedule Alcoa and Maryville and take a beating.

They looked in this state and all surrounding states for a game on that date. No takers. It's just bad that teams LC  traditionally play will not play. Bigster you have to understand that the date open on the schedule nobody had an opening or they didn't want to play. I'm with you I would not give Dresden or So. Fulton no games in other sports. It's not ideal for LC to play Ensworth but it is what is. LC like alot of other schools lost money do to covid this year and they are trying to make up for it. I know the AD and coach made every attempt to find a game for that date but no takers. What I don't get is why Ensworth would want to play this game. Nobody can say that LC is not playing anyone. 

Edited by lakecounty1968

7 minutes ago, lakecounty1968 said:

They looked in this state and all surrounding states for a game on that date. No takers. It's just bad that teams LC  traditionally play will not play. Bigster you have to understand that the date open on the schedule nobody had an opening or they didn't want to play. I'm with you I would not give Dresden or So. Fulton no games in other sports. It's not ideal for LC to play Ensworth but it is what is. LC like alot of other schools lost money do to covid this year and they are trying to make up for it. I know the AD and coach made every attempt to find a game for that date but no takers. What I don't get is why Ensworth would want to play this game. Nobody can say that LC is not playing anyone. 

They probably couldn’t get the date filled either. Peabody dealt with it in 2018- 2019. We had to pay Memphis teams to play us 

4 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I agree .I'm sure you know its cause of the date.So that means there were 2 dates nobody had an opening since LC has a bye week.

First 4 games,Union City,Obion Central,Trenton and Ensworth.Could go 0--4. 1-3 or maybe 2-2 at best.Make it through those 4 games everything should be ok.LC will have to take care of business in the region games to finish in 1st or 2nd.Dont need to tie and have to go to best overall record.I know that wont be the case with Trenton as they will play Milan and others but Could come into play with the others.And then would have to probably play Trenton a week earlier in the playoffs.But it's what it is I guess.

12 hours ago, mrbigster said:

I think it's stupid to go play Ensworth a private school that recruits and has over 1100 students and tuition is 30,000 .I'm sure they could have scheduled someone else.Ripley,Milan,Lewis Co.Why not Dyersburg or Dyer co if your going to play a school with over 1000 students and closer.Etc.I know Lewis Co has been wanting to play for years .Rather do that and the drive instead of a school 4 times the size and recruits.Why pick up Fulton Co and Obion Central?Schedule Alcoa and Maryville and take a beating.

It came down to Ensworth or Haywood...pick your poison 

3 hours ago, shockernation said:

It came down to Ensworth or Haywood...pick your poison 

Haywood...lol.  Closer to home.  Still surprised  there werent at least 1 other school that would have have one of those dates open that week or the bye week,including other private schools smaller in size.Im guessing it's just a money game for LC ,if not,I'd just as soon as had another bye instead of sending the players to slaughter.At least Haywood would be players from their school.Not the best players recruited from Haywood,Covington,etc.Its what it is.I never miss a game,even when I cant walk.This may be one of those games to stay home as in my opinion,too far to see a closely contested game but a blowout.Just my opinion.Just go to Texas and play under the lights against Odessa or some other big school.But it's what it is.Crazy season this year.Who knows what happens next season.

28 minutes ago, mrbigster said:

Haywood...lol.  Closer to home.  Still surprised  there werent at least 1 other school that would have have one of those dates open that week or the bye week,including other private schools smaller in size.Im guessing it's just a money game for LC ,if not,I'd just as soon as had another bye instead of sending the players to slaughter.At least Haywood would be players from their school.Not the best players recruited from Haywood,Covington,etc.Its what it is.I never miss a game,even when I cant walk.This may be one of those games to stay home as in my opinion,too far to see a closely contested game but a blowout.Just my opinion.Just go to Texas and play under the lights against Odessa or some other big school.But it's what it is.Crazy season this year.Who knows what happens next season.

Think about it like this some of these kids are lucky to see Nashville....just treat it as a new experience! From my understanding local schools wouldn’t return phone calls and we all hate byes! I’m just looking at it as a new experience myself 

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Think about it like this some of these kids are lucky to see Nashville....just treat it as a new experience! From my understanding local schools wouldn’t return phone calls and we all hate byes! I’m just looking at it as a new experience myself 

Definitely going to be a new experience. Just talked to Coach Sharp at Lewis Co.He said he had week 4 open.Had Mt.Pleasant and Mt.Pleasant dropped him and he picked up Springhill.

Edited by mrbigster