Lake County 2021 schedule

lakecounty1968

On 12/18/2020 at 5:04 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I could use that same exact argument as to why LC shouldn’t play ensworth.  LC might dress 30-35 kids and playing a team like Ensworth you could lose starters that you will dearly need in the playoffs. But they stepped up to the plate regardless. 

Some people sometimes forget to use perspective while comparing... Great point BTW. 

Gleason should not have to play single A ball. They have maybe 7 or 9 kids come out to play ball per class..... I hate using the word fair but, it really is not fair they have to play teams that dress 60 kids. They dress 30 if they are lucky. 

19 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Some people sometimes forget to use perspective while comparing... Great point BTW. 

Gleason should not have to play single A ball. They have maybe 7 or 9 kids come out to play ball per class..... I hate using the word fair but, it really is not fair they have to play teams that dress 60 kids. They dress 30 if they are lucky. 

Pretty sure coalfield made it to state in like 2013-14 with like 25 or less players 

If they don’t play 1a what do they play ? 1/2A ? 

Edited by Tide21

19 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I do not think that it is fair to say that any of these schools are " scared " to play.... This honestly is obnoxious. This also is the beginning of an arrogance that your program has not earned. I would pump the brakes the on the " scared " comments. 

TONS of stuff go into scheduling games. Available dates, gate money from visiting teams, travel times... I could go on. 

What rock you been hiding under? 
Don’t just assume 68 doesn’t know what he is talking about.....

13 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Pretty sure coalfield made it to state in like 2013-14 with like 25 or less players 

If they don’t play 1a what do they play ? 1/2A ? 

There is a division for the top enrollment schools in our state.... seems there should be a division for the smallest. 

Please save the " its called 1A ". Please understand I am talking about the smallest school across the state. 

Also, I did not know that Coalfield made it to state with 25 players. That is remarkable. 

39 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I do not think that it is fair to say that any of these schools are " scared " to play.... This honestly is obnoxious. This also is the beginning of an arrogance that your program has not earned. I would pump the brakes the on the " scared " comments. 

TONS of stuff go into scheduling games. Available dates, gate money from visiting teams, travel times... I could go on. 

I am not obnoxious or arrogant and the LC program is not either. My statement comes with facts that I will not share out of loyalty to certain individuals. LC has played So. Fulton more than any other opponent. LC has played Dresden for many years. Both of those programs were asked to play and had the dates to do so and both declined. They didn't decline for other rival games. Now, scared might be a strong word but it's not a good look for them. Anyway it is water under the bridge now. The Lake County program has earned plenty of accolades over the last 60 years. 

1 hour ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I am not obnoxious or arrogant and the LC program is not either. My statement comes with facts that I will not share out of loyalty to certain individuals. LC has played So. Fulton more than any other opponent. LC has played Dresden for many years. Both of those programs were asked to play and had the dates to do so and both declined. They didn't decline for other rival games. Now, scared might be a strong word but it's not a good look for them. Anyway it is water under the bridge now. The Lake County program has earned plenty of accolades over the last 60 years. 

Well said, we have lost several old games that we used to enjoy moving up and down in classifications over the years. Our big 3 rival games were GC’ Milan, and Humboldt. We get Humboldt and Milan, which Humboldt isn’t how the used to be. Same with other schools wanting to find wins, and as a coach that’s smart to do. I think now many coaches and schools don’t play a rival because they know they can’t win, and that just teaches that you are willing to back down from a challenge. 

Finding a win isn’t bad, but not playing a team that the kids past family members played against kills tradition in the program 

11 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Ima call bull! For schools to not even return phone calls...I’m fully aware “tons of stuff” goes into scheduling! No one is being arrogant...just truth! LC has played SF something like 50 times and they wouldn’t return a phone call! You talk as though you’re the know it all and we are just arrogant dummies! Proceed

2 hours ago, shockernation said:

Ima call bull! For schools to not even return phone calls...I’m fully aware “tons of stuff” goes into scheduling! No one is being arrogant...just truth! LC has played SF something like 50 times and they wouldn’t return a phone call! You talk as though you’re the know it all and we are just arrogant dummies! Proceed

Wonder if there is understanding now??

50 minutes ago, Guidance1812 said:

Wonder if there is understanding now??

Probably not! I’m in no way putting LC on a pedestal...we had a great run! And we aren’t dead but we have lost 24 kids after the past two seasons...why dodge us now?  I don’t believe anyone said scared to play us more like no cooperation from other local schools! People can at least return phone calls! I’m done talking about this subject! I know the AD and coach did all they could do to find local games and some didn’t work out others dodged calls...I need my inhaler 

4 hours ago, shockernation said:

Probably not! I’m in no way putting LC on a pedestal...we had a great run! And we aren’t dead but we have lost 24 kids after the past two seasons...why dodge us now?  I don’t believe anyone said scared to play us more like no cooperation from other local schools! People can at least return phone calls! I’m done talking about this subject! I know the AD and coach did all they could do to find local games and some didn’t work out others dodged calls...I need my inhaler 

:roflol:

13 hours ago, shockernation said:

Not " in the know " not attempting to create something that is not..... Just sharing my thoughts. 

Obviously, you are in the know so your words mean more than mine. I just think people should understand that football coaches go through the ringer ever single year to make a schedule.