Red Rebull Footbawl '21

STARSNBARS

5 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Weal tha littull fellurs wen a gaim....???

It really didn't sink in until after the Kingsport game just how small we were for a 6A team that deep in the playoffs the way they ran on us at will. We've won before with a smaller team but with Oakland turning out one team after another with linemen that look like a college line those days may just be over. Our only saving grace against Kingsport was that their pass defense was so bad even the junior high could of passed the ball on them. The worst single game beating I've ever seen including two years ago against Oakland and in 93 against Cleveland 28-70. The only thing any worse was in 57 against Everett 0-59 but that was in the middle of the Great Asian Flu Epidemic and half the team was out. That last game was pretty much the Grand Daddy of them all. I just wished we could come up with some Dylan Jackson type linemen because everything else is just great.

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

Were an odd year team. Us and Oakland are like this:

polarity_phase_03.gif

So many people moving to Maryville right now but not seeing any football players out of it unlike Oakland landing kids with dozens of colleges after them. The majority of Oaklands players are back especially the best ones unlike the other odd years on your graph. I had to get onto my wife the other night about sleeping in my state championship shirt because it may turn out to be a collectors item one day the way Oakland is bringing in all these D! players left and right.

Are y'all kidding me? No way on the Miracle Mile will Maryville play a game in 2021. Those chicken Rebels should drop down to Greenback's Region. Or just go straight JV.

Oak Ridge is the BEAST in  the EAST now and forever. From here on out refer to Oak Ridge as VictORy City.

And shut up about Summit They CHEATED. The game was RIGGED. A HOAX. Go back and count the points. Oak Ridge scored 149 points and Summit only 308 points. VictORy City WON! Ignore my bad Math, you'll now what I a saying.

All you Rebel fans get on your knees and pray Santa will bring you all another Gold Ball.

Just kidding, have a great Christmas and New Years.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

So many people moving to Maryville right now but not seeing any football players out of it unlike Oakland landing kids with dozens of colleges after them. The majority of Oaklands players are back especially the best ones unlike the other odd years on your graph. I had to get onto my wife the other night about sleeping in my state championship shirt because it may turn out to be a collectors item one day the way Oakland is bringing in all these D! players left and right.

I ain't worried. 

53 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Well I am, I'm having to go see a special counselor twice a week over this that specializes in sports trauma victims. He is a graduate of Maryville College and only charges twelve dollars per session.  His name is Mr. Floyd if anyone else needs this service.

True Barney ........but a lot of people refer to him as "The Butcher of Broadway":shock:

18 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It really didn't sink in until after the Kingsport game just how small we were for a 6A team that deep in the playoffs the way they ran on us at will. We've won before with a smaller team but with Oakland turning out one team after another with linemen that look like a college line those days may just be over. Our only saving grace against Kingsport was that their pass defense was so bad even the junior high could of passed the ball on them. The worst single game beating I've ever seen including two years ago against Oakland and in 93 against Cleveland 28-70. The only thing any worse was in 57 against Everett 0-59 but that was in the middle of the Great Asian Flu Epidemic and half the team was out. That last game was pretty much the Grand Daddy of them all. I just wished we could come up with some Dylan Jackson type linemen because everything else is just great.

I was there for the 28-70 game. We ran 4 plays and was up 21-0, but y’all closed it to 28-21 at halftime. Coach Monroe did a good job of getting them settled down at the half.