Top Rivalries in TN

Bump11

14 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Them ole Dragons played y’all tough that year. Scotty Whitt was a man-child. He had all the tools to be an NFL player. Too bad he ended up making the wrong choices in life. One of the best talents I’ve ever seen.

Actually, we pretty much dominated them.  Whitt played second fiddle to Jeremy McMurray our rb and our lineman (Jimmy Hill) I think still holds a record for number of sacks in one game.   They had to score off of trick plays because they were getting beat all night long.  Score does not tell the whole story.  I think we ended up pretty high in the national polls that year.  Of course those are subjective 

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

If it wasn't for Oakland and Riverdale in the late 80s to mid 90s, alot of people might view Joe Gaddis a little bit differently

You got that right and thank you for saying that.

However, Coach Gaddis did get into the Tennessee High School Hall of Fame so he will be remembered as a winner. Also, I hate losing but it was exciting going up against Oakland and Riverdale. OR took their lumps against both teams but the Wildcats have beaten both since. My favorite was a come from behind VictORy over Oakland. The Cardinal and Gray were down at the half 0 - 28 but roared back to win in OT. I was so proud of the team, band, cheerleaders and fans. OR simply went NUTS in the second half.

Good times, no, GREAT TIMES!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

You got that right and thank you for saying that.

However, Coach Gaddis did get into the Tennessee High School Hall of Fame so he will be remembered as a winner. Also, I hate losing but it was exciting going up against Oakland and Riverdale. OR took their lumps against both teams but the Wildcats have beaten both since. My favorite was a come from behind VictORy over Oakland. The Cardinal and Gray were down at the half 0 - 28 but roared back to win in OT. I was so proud of the team, band, cheerleaders and fans. OR simply went NUTS in the second half.

Good times, no, GREAT TIMES!

True, he's won at a high level everywhere he's been, but when you ask people to rattle off some of the great coaches of the last 30 years in this state, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to get overlooked. Had he gotten some bounces to go his way at his first tenure at OR and HC, he'd be right up there with every coach not named Rankin or Quarles.

Losing to OR in '97 was probably one of the most painful losses I experienced. Oakland was making progress under Butler, but losing to OR like that seemed like one step forward, 2 steps back. Fortunately it was a glimpse of what was to come the next season, as well as getting revenge over OR

• 2 weeks later...

For this upcoming season these are ones im looking forward to....

Hardin Valley v Bearden

Bearden v Farragut

Farragut v Hardin Valley

Jackson County v East Nashville

White House v White House - Heritage

Fayette - Ware v Kirby

Austin - East v Union County

Halls v Greenfield

Seymour v Volunteer

Fulton v Gibbs

Fulton v Carter

Fulton v South Doyle

Gibbs v Carter

Gibbs v South Doyle

Carter v South Doyle

West Creek v Clarksville

Siegel v Rockvale

Sale Creek v Lookout Valley

Red Boiling Springs v Pickett County

Watertown v Whites Creek

York Institute v Wartburg Central

Monterey v Wartburg Central

York Institute v Monterey

Cumberland Gap v South Greene

Northview v Pigeon Forge

Union County v Gatlinburg Pittman

North Greene v Cosby

Jellico v Oliver Springs

Station Camp v Wilson Central

Cumberland County v Stone Memorial

Bolivar Central v Ripley

Glencliff v Tullahoma

Cosby v Unaka

Loretto v Summertown

Gibson County v Houston County

Obion County v South Gibson

Haywood v Milan

Heritage v Cocke County

Halls v Central

Clinton v Karns

Walker Valley v Howard

Cannon County v Grundy County

West Ridge v William Blount

Morristown West v Cherokee

Scotts Hill v Riverside

Riverside v Lewis County

Scotts Hill v Lewis County

Station Camp v Wilson Central

Franklin County v Lincoln County

Centennial v Brentwood

Centennial v Summit

Brentwood v Summit

Coffee County v Warren County

Harpeth v East Robertson

Brainerd v McMinn Central

Brainerd v Kingston

Cannon County v Community

Grundy County v Community

Community v Sequatchie County

East Hamilton v Chattanooga Central

Bradley Central v Cleveland

Alcoa v TSSAA

Memphis Overton v Southwind

Munford v Southwind

Memphis Overton v Munford

Fayetteville v Moore County

South Fulton v Gleason

Bluff City v Westwood

Douglass v Raleigh Egypt

Kings Academy v Lakeway Christian

Nolensville v Spring Hill

Green Hill v Anyone

West Greene v Johnson County

Daniel Boone v David Crockett

McNairy Central v Hardin County

McNairy Central v Lexington

Hardin County v Lexington

9 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Powell vs. All y'all 

Powell vs Oak Ridge...RIVALRY?    :::cough cough:::

The Panthers must first run a clean program then win a few against Oak Ridge on the football field then we can talk.

I look forward to that day if y'all can ever join teams like OR, Central, South Doyle, West and Fulton.

Don't mean to be too disresptive Powell loyalist.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:07 PM, MidTennFootball said:

True, he's won at a high level everywhere he's been, but when you ask people to rattle off some of the great coaches of the last 30 years in this state, I wouldn't be surprised if he were to get overlooked. Had he gotten some bounces to go his way at his first tenure at OR and HC, he'd be right up there with every coach not named Rankin or Quarles.

Romeo maybe could have done more things had he not mysteriously left o.r. in 1998.

On 12/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, JSamson7 said:

Wrestling most definitely yes, football not likely. Name another state or national rivalry that has as many state titles for both schools as far back as the 70's and has been played more times than Maryville-Alcoa. We hold the national record for most consecutive years played as well....

They played on ESPN2 in 2012