Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

This is gonna be a tough region. Milan, Haywood, South Gibson, Crockett, North Side and Obion. Got two teams coming off silver balls in Milan and Haywood. South Gibson has proven it can play with Milan and Haywood over the last few years. Obion seems to be the only cream puff as Crockett and North Side usually put up solid teams. What’s everyone’s thoughts on how this region will go down??

24 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

This is gonna be a tough region. Milan, Haywood, South Gibson, Crockett, North Side and Obion. Got two teams coming off silver balls in Milan and Haywood. South Gibson has proven it can play with Milan and Haywood over the last few years. Obion seems to be the only cream puff as Crockett and North Side usually put up solid teams. What’s everyone’s thoughts on how this region will go down??

This region should make for some good football. IMO Haywood and Milan will be the favorites going in. But SGC will be right there trying to play the spoiler role. Could have two and possibly three top ten teams in one region!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tigersandcats said:

This region should make for some good football. IMO Haywood and Milan will be the favorites going in. But SGC will be right there trying to play the spoiler role. Could have two and possibly three top ten teams in one region!

I agree with what you said 100%. Don’t know what Haywood brings back but Milan brings back some key pieces from this past years team. Also South Gibson only graduates a few but they were some studs. Bring back a bunch of starters that were key role players. I’m sure Haywood will reload. 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

@ManOfMillionsand @stacmotsI would love to hear your thoughts and provide some insight on what we can expect from your teams next year. 

We have an impressive slate of sophomores coming up this season. Have a sophomore QB that can spin it and fly, run game will be strong, the offensive line will hurt most because we will lose our 3 interior. But guys will have experience. A lot of defensive starters returning as well 

North Side is probably going to be in the same boat as South Gibson. They’re only losing a small handful of players, and the offense is so easy to study where the younger players should get used to the system. Ironically, the Indians’ offense is similar as the offense for South Gibson.

If I were to sit here and put and early prediction on what to expect, this is what I’m going with.

1: Milan/Haywood

2: Milan/Haywood/South Gibson

3: Haywood/ South Gibson/ North Side

4: South Gibson/ North Side / Crockett County

5: Crockett County / North Side

6: Obion Central

I hope this helps a lot

The inability to get some momentum going in Troy is why the Rebs’ will finish 6. Not a fan of the future of Crockett County, and that’s why I’m slating them in the 4/5 spot.

Merry Christmas to some familar region opponents (Haywood, Crockett, and Obion) from that idiotic 9-team region years ago. And to the new friends with Milan and SGC

Edited by TryNotToSuck

48 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

North Side is probably going to be in the same boat as South Gibson. They’re only losing a small handful of players, and the offense is so easy to study where the younger players should get used to the system. Ironically, the Indians’ offense is similar as the offense for South Gibson.

If I were to sit here and put and early prediction on what to expect, this is what I’m going with.

I hope this helps a lot

The inability to get some momentum going in Troy is why the Rebs’ will finish 6. Not a fan of the future of Crockett County, and that’s why I’m slating them in the 4/5 spot.

Merry Christmas to some familar region opponents (Haywood, Crockett, and Obion) from that idiotic 9-team region years ago. And to the new friends with Milan and SGC

This is some good stuff here. And I agree with a lot of what you said. One thing I will say though is that I think S Gibson has a chance at the region championship. Yes I think Milan and Haywood are definitely the favorites and I think S Gibson will have a hard time beating both of them. But I do think it is possible that Milan, Haywood and South Gibson all end up with one region loss and you have a 3 way tie for first. In that scenario S Gibson could pull it out. I just wouldn’t count them out. Their program has gotten to a place where they are reloading every year. 

49 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

I hope this helps a lot

Another thing is that it will be interesting to see Teddy as an asst at North Side go against his former team in Milan. 

1 hour ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

We have an impressive slate of sophomores coming up this season. Have a sophomore QB that can spin it and fly, run game will be strong, the offensive line will hurt most because we will lose our 3 interior. But guys will have experience. A lot of defensive starters returning as well 

No doubt you guys reload year after year. Much respect. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Another thing is that it will be interesting to see Teddy as an asst at North Side go against his former team in Milan. 

I don’t believe the North Side and Milan matchups in week 11 will be anything “exciting.” Remember, there were tons of matchups at the last week of the season that were basically “meaningless” matchups.