Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

15 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Everybody eyes are different. College coaches pass up on players all the time, that's part of it. Just like general managers for professional sport team draft/sign a bad player and made a bad trade. It's just part of it. I will say this, Tennessee is not obligated to recruit every "good" player that walk the halls at Alcoa and Maryville, of course. Memphis was very fortunate to see Ole Miss and Mississippi State to pass on Kenny Gainwell. Just like Tennessee is lucky that Alabama cut ties with Alvin Kamara.

Also, I do believe high school players are now switching from "pick a school that I want to go play for" to "pick a school that I have the best chance to be successful in." I do believe high school recruits are becoming more wiser when it comes to college selection, than ever.

I don’t know why UT passes on some of these in State guys and don’t know why they recruit a lot of players they do. All I do know is the Vols are light years away from competing in the SEC. I just wish they could figure something out up there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tigersandcats said:

I don’t know why UT passes on some of these in State guys and don’t know why they recruit a lot of players they do. All I do know is the Vols are light years away from competing in the SEC. I just wish they could figure something out up there!

It’s not that they don’t “pass up” on players. It’s just that players probably don’t want to be on Rocky Top. It’s that simple. I don’t know why Hudson Wolfe flipped from Tennessee to Ole Miss, but if Hudson Wolfe wants to play on Sunday’s (which is obviously the “end” goal) going to Oxford seems way more obvious for him than Knoxville. 

22 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

It’s not that they don’t “pass up” on players. It’s just that players probably don’t want to be on Rocky Top. It’s that simple. I don’t know why Hudson Wolfe flipped from Tennessee to Ole Miss, but if Hudson Wolfe wants to play on Sunday’s (which is obviously the “end” goal) going to Oxford seems way more obvious for him than Knoxville. 

Agreed. Think he made the smart choice for sure. Think everyone can see good players go to UT and be under utilized. At this point I don’t blame any good athlete from not wanting to be In Knoxville.

On 1/1/2021 at 7:40 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

Next Season UT will be dead last in the bottom of the SEC and Both Pruitt and Fulmer will be gone!

i wouldnt be surprised if the vols go winless next year

So the Memphis region we will be paired up with come playoff time will have Fayette Ware, Wooddale, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Melrose and Kirby. Anyone have any insight on what these teams will look like next year?  I know Fayette Ware has been winning a lot lately against weak teams. Wooddale has been good but I really think Ridgeway May be the team to beat having moved down from 5A. As with Memphis teams you never know what your gonna get from year to year. 

10 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So the Memphis region we will be paired up with come playoff time will have Fayette Ware, Wooddale, Ridgeway, Craigmont, Melrose and Kirby. Anyone have any insight on what these teams will look like next year?  I know Fayette Ware has been winning a lot lately against weak teams. Wooddale has been good but I really think Ridgeway May be the team to beat having moved down from 5A. As with Memphis teams you never know what your gonna get from year to year. 

Ridgeway usually has good teams more often than not, I think Kirby will probably be the team to beat and be Fayette-Ware's main competition

Absolutely loaded and imma say

1 Kirby (3-2, 8-2) - Quarterfinals

2 Fayette-Ware (3-2, 8-2) - Second Round

3 Melrose (3-2, 8-2) - First Round

4 Wooddale (2-3, 7-3) - First Round

5 Ridgeway (2-3, 7-3)

6 Craigmont (2-3, 7-3)

8 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Ridgeway usually has good teams more often than not, I think Kirby will probably be the team to beat and be Fayette-Ware's main competition

Absolutely loaded and imma say

1 Kirby (3-2, 8-2) - Quarterfinals

2 Fayette-Ware (3-2, 8-2) - Second Round

3 Melrose (3-2, 8-2) - First Round

4 Wooddale (2-3, 7-3) - First Round

5 Ridgeway (2-3, 7-3)

6 Craigmont (2-3, 7-3)

It’s a good thing Fulton is on the East side of the state. They would get destroyed playing this competition. Probably will get destroyed anyway. They are horrible. 

On 1/11/2021 at 6:55 AM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Gy’derius Easley, all-state running back from Milan, announced last night on his twitter feed that he would be playing ball next year at Bethel.  Congrats young man on getting to play at the next level.  Go Dawgs!!!

Bethel is probably getting more than they bargained for. I congratulate Easley. He is one tough back. I believe he will probably show out his first couple of years there and transfer to a bigger school. Absolutely, not a knock at anyone. So, please just save the chatter.

In different words, I think Easley is a bigger player than Bethel. I do not know his academic standing, but I would think this has something to do with him playing NAIA ball instead D1- 2a ball, or D2 ball somewhere. Often times, kids physically develop latter than most and he may turn into the next coming of Walter Peyton for all we know. I always enjoy seeing local kids get the chance to play at the next level. The chances are hard to come by and I wish him nothing but success. 

Just my thoughts. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Bethel is probably getting more than they bargained for. I congratulate Easley. He is one tough back. I believe he will probably show out his first couple of years there and transfer to a bigger school. Absolutely, not a knock at anyone. So, please just save the chatter.

In different words, I think Easley is a bigger player than Bethel. I do not know his academic standing, but I would think this has something to do with him playing NAIA ball instead D1- 2a ball, or D2 ball somewhere. Often times, kids physically develop latter than most and he may turn into the next coming of Walter Peyton for all we know. I always enjoy seeing local kids get the chance to play at the next level. The chances are hard to come by and I wish him nothing but success. 

Just my thoughts. 

Thanks bro. He is a baller no doubt.