Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

Let me attempt to articulate my point more clearly. About 30 years ago, college football programs began recruiting nationwide, rather than their own state. Alabama fans are very proud that they won another national title, yet less than 25% of their roster played high school ball in Alabama. It’s a trickle down from the pros, who have never had guys from their area as a part of their franchise. Here’s a very unique opinion. I wish colleges could only have 10-15% of their roster as out-of-state guys. Then when these guys have “Alabama” or “Tennessee” on their jerseys, that’s where they’re actually from. Without doing this, it’s pro sports. Now this is trickling to high school. I understand I’m old school and very much in the minority on this, but I love rural football. Guys are playing for their towns, their communities. It’s not going to happen in urban areas, and that’s understandable. I was not intentionally taking a shot at anyone. I just don’t want to see Milan, Crockett, Haywood, Lexington, etc do what the urban schools do. 

When several kids transfer into a rural school, it’s curious, but perhaps coincidental. A kid moves into the school zone, then he’s legal. I 100% believe that Milan would not break rules, just as I think Alcoa is 100% clean. Last year, with multiple transfers under a new coach, it appeared to be an anomaly. Add 2 more already this year, and it’s a pattern. I hope I’m wrong about the 2 this year, but I really don’t think I am. And if I’m right, I will not believe Milan is cheating. It just means they’ll have several players with “Milan” on their jersey and they are not from there. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

I completely understand if you disagree, but the personal insults are unnecessary. It’s what’s wrong with us as a society, including in-person or behind anonymous screen names. 

I’m not sure if you were referring to me with the personal insults. I hope you read my post where I referred to you as a credible and knowledgeable poster. But it doesn’t matter how flat you make a pancake there are always two sides. Yes personal insults are unnecessary. But you saying Milan will “find a way” to make the transfer legal is unnecessary. It implies that Milan is cheating and will do whatever it takes  make it legal. I know that isn’t what you meant but surely you can see how that sounds and that you could have worded that better. 

I’m not insulted by an insult from a no-face poster; I really don’t get insulted period. And no, it wasn’t directed at you BPM. 
By saying “they’ll find a way to make it legal,” the implication there is that they’re not cheating - not the opposite as you took it. I’ve made my point. I expect others to disagree, which is fine.

21 minutes ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

I’m not insulted by an insult from a no-face poster; I really don’t get insulted period. And no, it wasn’t directed at you BPM. 
By saying “they’ll find a way to make it legal,” the implication there is that they’re not cheating - not the opposite as you took it. I’ve made my point. I expect others to disagree, which is fine.

I see your point and know what you meant. I know you meant no harm. But I hope you can see how what you said could come off wrong. It’s all good and your ok in my book. I respect your opinion 

On 1/16/2021 at 12:54 PM, JohnnyMoxon said:

Let me attempt to articulate my point more clearly. About 30 years ago, college football programs began recruiting nationwide, rather than their own state. Alabama fans are very proud that they won another national title, yet less than 25% of their roster played high school ball in Alabama. It’s a trickle down from the pros, who have never had guys from their area as a part of their franchise. Here’s a very unique opinion. I wish colleges could only have 10-15% of their roster as out-of-state guys. Then when these guys have “Alabama” or “Tennessee” on their jerseys, that’s where they’re actually from. Without doing this, it’s pro sports. Now this is trickling to high school. I understand I’m old school and very much in the minority on this, but I love rural football. Guys are playing for their towns, their communities. It’s not going to happen in urban areas, and that’s understandable. I was not intentionally taking a shot at anyone. I just don’t want to see Milan, Crockett, Haywood, Lexington, etc do what the urban schools do. 

On 1/16/2021 at 1:01 PM, JohnnyMoxon said:

When several kids transfer into a rural school, it’s curious, but perhaps coincidental. A kid moves into the school zone, then he’s legal. I 100% believe that Milan would not break rules, just as I think Alcoa is 100% clean. Last year, with multiple transfers under a new coach, it appeared to be an anomaly. Add 2 more already this year, and it’s a pattern. I hope I’m wrong about the 2 this year, but I really don’t think I am. And if I’m right, I will not believe Milan is cheating. It just means they’ll have several players with “Milan” on their jersey and they are not from there. 

In reading these posts again I got to thinking about the percentages you mentioned in the first post. And also the second post where you mentioned several players with “Milan” on their jersey and they are not from there. Let’s put this situation in perspective using these two posts. Yes Milan had 3 transfers last year on a roster of almost 70 kids. That would mean 98% of the roster was Milan kids born and raised. Two of those 3 graduated. Let’s say 2 more did transfer in. That would put us back at 3 and at roughly 98% Milan kids again. For better than the 10-15% college out of state rate you mentioned you would like to see. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

In reading these posts again I got to thinking about the percentages you mentioned in the first post. And also the second post where you mentioned several players with “Milan” on their jersey and they are not from there. Let’s put this situation in perspective using these two posts. Yes Milan had 3 transfers last year on a roster of almost 70 kids. That would mean 98% of the roster was Milan kids born and raised. Two of those 3 graduated. Let’s say 2 more did transfer in. That would put us back at 3 and at roughly 98% Milan kids again. For better than the 10-15% college out of state rate you mentioned you would like to see. 

Their point is more of the fact that without those transfers Milan doesn’t make the run they do not how many transfers Milan has. 

I feel like my point is clear. Perhaps you don’t agree (understandable), but I doubt you misunderstood, BPM. I’ve read your posts for a long time. You’re an intelligent person. 
If the people in Milan are happy with several transfers playing there and branding “Made in Milan”, that’s all that matters. 

33 minutes ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

I feel like my point is clear. Perhaps you don’t agree (understandable), but I doubt you misunderstood, BPM. I’ve read your posts for a long time. You’re an intelligent person. 
If the people in Milan are happy with several transfers playing there and branding “Made in Milan”, that’s all that matters. 

Fair enough. I respect that. 

Hypothetically...Crockett gets 2 kids from North Side (North Side’s best players, both with Div 1 offers BEFORE transferring, and a kid from Mississippi). You think, wow! Stroke of luck. Awesome, good for them! 6 weeks after the transfer they’re on social media...Made in Alamo (although they’ve never played a game at Crockett Co). 
12 months later, 2 more kids transfer from North Side.
Rural West TN football doesn’t usually see this. You see this in urban areas all the time (hence the Alcoa reference which ruffled feathers). 

No chance I think Ward would recruit kids (nor do I think new Milan coach is). I’d just not be as excited about Crockett County (with some North Side) vs Haywood County.

I digress. To each his own. Honestly, I regret posting. I’ll climb back in my hole now...