Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

On 12/2/2020 at 1:05 PM, reddyrebel6 said:

Losing Newbern, Stewart, Mays, Evans among others and a few linemen on offense. Good news is a great junior class and some very talented rising sophomores. The young qb has chance to be really good. Also a lot coming back like Lewis and Taylor. Actually a really young team overall this year. 

On 12/2/2020 at 12:24 PM, Tomcatfan2011 said:

I think we had 19 this year

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Lol here ya man. On a serious note what do y’all bring back next year?  I know about Jaylen Lewis put who else do we need to look for?  How many starters return on each side of the ball??

I got this much info out of Readyrebel6 and Tomcatfan2011 when I asked your question back in December.  The 19 refers to the number of seniors.

11 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I was told that Greeneville was fairly young this past year and they have a strong core returning for the 2021 campaign.  I do believe that Milan and Pearl-Cohn (along with others) will drastically change the Western half of the 4A landscape.  

Yes GreenEville returns 19 of 22 starters. They will be tough. 

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

I got this much info out of Readyrebel6 and Tomcatfan2011 when I asked your question back in December.  The 19 refers to the number of seniors.

I watched you guys play Dyersburg and stood by the gate on the visitors side as y’all walked off the field at halftime. Y’all had some big Ole boys on the team. Hope they graduated. Lol. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I watched you guys play Dyersburg and stood by the gate on the visitors side as y’all walked off the field at halftime. Y’all had some big Ole boys on the team. Hope they graduated. Lol. 

Haywood is consistently good. I look for more of the same in 2021. They seem to just be loaded with athletes year after year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

But the question is...can those big ole boys handle Milan's speed, strength, and endurance?  You saw how Betsy and South Gibson manhandled us!

I'm just hoping we don't finish 5th or 6th in the region.

Edited by stacmot

44 minutes ago, stacmot said:

But the question is...can those big ole boys handle Milan's speed, strength, and endurance?  You saw how Betsy and South Gibson manhandled us!

I'm just hoping we don't finish 5th or 6th in the region.

You sure your not Lou Holtz??  Lol.  On a serious note I thought Pearl Cohn was absolutely enormous when the got off the bus. Looked like Bethel had just shown up to play. Milan was greatly outsized. I was very pleased at how we played in the trenches on both sides of the ball being so outsized. We lose some of those guys and bring back a few. Hopefully we can keep that same level of play in the trenches. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Upvote 1

I just don’t see the hype in Milan. You lose pretty much the whole offensive line but a couple of rotating guys, your running backs (Unless you start giving 9 the ball which you should) only receiver I know coming back is 1 you lose 40 who became a big part of the offense down the stretch. Then on defense you lose 42, 22, 7, 30, 2 a couple d linemen in the rotation. That senior class had started basically since sophomores. 

53 minutes ago, WestTNFootball100 said:

I just don’t see the hype in Milan. You lose pretty much the whole offensive line but a couple of rotating guys, your running backs (Unless you start giving 9 the ball which you should) only receiver I know coming back is 1 you lose 40 who became a big part of the offense down the stretch. Then on defense you lose 42, 22, 7, 30, 2 a couple d linemen in the rotation. That senior class had started basically since sophomores. 

Your right. There is no hype in Milan. We will not be very good. Lost a lot of weapons. Just hope we can be competitive. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You sure your not Lou Holtz??  Lol.  On a serious note I thought Pearl Cohn was absolutely enormous when the got off the bus. Looked like Bethel had just shown up to play. Milan was greatly outsized. I was very pleased at how we played in the trenches on both sides of the ball being so outsized. We lose some of those guys and bring back a few. Hopefully we can keep that same level of play in the trenches. 

When push comes to shove, Milan always rises to the challenge. 

One thing is for sure.  This region won't be all about Milan and Haywood.  South Gibson, Crockett Co, North Side will field some good teams as well. I know we hear from Man of Millions every now and then, but I'd like to hear what some of the other fans have to say about their teams.   It should be a dogfight. 

I really don't know about Obion.  Even though they have only won 1 region game in the last five years, the Rebs could surprise us.  I remember a post earlier in this thread where someone predicted Obion to win the region and play in the 4A semifinals.  I don't believe that will happen, but I guess anything can happen on any given night as the season progresses!

2021 Region 7-4A Schedule (I'm sure I've made mistakes)

Sept. 3

Haywood at Crockett Co.
South Gibson at Milan
Obion Central at Jackson North Side

Sept. 17

Milan at Haywood
Crockett Co. at Obion Central
Jackson North Side at South Gibson

Oct.1

Jackson North Side at Haywood
Crockett Co. at Milan
Obion Central at South Gibson

Oct. 15

Haywood, South Gibson (not sure about the location)
Jackson North Side at Crockett Co.
Obion Central at Milan

Oct. 29

Haywood at Obion Central
Milan at Jackson North Side
South Gibson at Crockett County