Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

I've seen posts on the Covington Football thread indicating that Haywood will get a turf field, and it is a done deal!

Following a presentation by Haywood Coaches Smith and Rebstock at Thursday's (April 8) board meeting, Joey Hassell (Director of Schools) tweeted, "School board gave the thumbs up to engage TLMAssociates in developing a plan for indoor practice facility with weight room for all as well as turf field and upgrades to stadium."

Since those plans haven't been submitted, funded, and approved, I wouldn't say it's a done deal just yet.  However, it does look promising, and I hope we get it all.

If you care to watch the presentation given by Coaches Smith and Rebstock during last week's (April 8) board meeting, I've listed the links.   The presentation begins at about the 10:10 mark.

https://www.facebook.com/HaywoodCountySchools/videos/vb.2069830523241424/452055895895117/?type=2&theater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fncOsuaPmdQ

29 minutes ago, stacmot said:

I've seen posts on the Covington Football thread indicating that Haywood will get a turf field, and it is a done deal!

Following a presentation by Haywood Coaches Smith and Rebstock at Thursday's (April 8) board meeting, Joey Hassell (Director of Schools) tweeted, "School board gave the thumbs up to engage TLMAssociates in developing a plan for indoor practice facility with weight room for all as well as turf field and upgrades to stadium."

Since those plans haven't been submitted, funded, and approved, I wouldn't say it's a done deal just yet.  However, it does look promising, and I hope we get it all.

If you care to watch the presentation given by Coaches Smith and Rebstock during last week's (April 8) board meeting, I've listed the links.   The presentation begins at about the 10:10 mark.

https://www.facebook.com/HaywoodCountySchools/videos/vb.2069830523241424/452055895895117/?type=2&theater

I hope y’all get it all. IMO the the football program has earned the upgrades if any program has. Happy for y’all!

• Thanks 1

On 4/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, stacmot said:

I hope you all get this. Much deserved!

5 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

There have been some good discussions on this forum so far. 

What are the chances that a team from this region makes it to the title game. I am not saying wins it, but make it there?

I believe the chances are pretty dang high. 

Thoughts?

I guarantee that a team from our region or region 5 will be there. Which one is a coin flip. But Im pretty confident that a team from 7-4A and a team from 5-4A will play in the semis the day after thanksgiving and one will go on to the ship.  No disrespect to region 6 cause there are some good teams in that region but region 5 will be a monster this year. 

10 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I guarantee that a team from our region or region 5 will be there. Which one is a coin flip. But Im pretty confident that a team from 7-4A and a team from 5-4A will play in the semis the day after thanksgiving and one will go on to the ship.  No disrespect to region 6 cause there are some good teams in that region but region 5 will be a monster this year. 

I’m a region 6- 4A fan. But I agree with you 100%. Hope I’m wrong though!

57 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Congrats on this progress. Let's hope that they flatten out that weird up-turned corner in the North endzone. That always has seemed strange to me.

Thanks.  I hope plans for Covington's turf field are moving along.

The end zone problems go back to the non-regulation track that was installed in the 1960s.  Because of space limitations, I'm not sure how, or if, they will be able to handle the problem of installing a field and a regulation track without the two encroaching on each other. 

Another fly in the ointment might be the county.  I'm pretty sure the county, not the school board, owns the stadium, and I'm not so sure the county is on board with the project.  Whatever they do, they need to do it right.  If not, they'll regret it in the future.

As I had said in a previous post,  they would probably be better off building an entirely new stadium in a different area.  I know it would add a lot to the cost, but I think that would be the best solution.  The current stadium is not located on campus or school property anyway. 

Who knows what they'll do, but as they say...there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Haywood County way!

Edited by stacmot

17 hours ago, stacmot said:

Thanks.  I hope plans for Covington's turf field are moving along.

The end zone problems go back to the non-regulation track that was installed in the 1960s.  Because of space limitations, I'm not sure how, or if, they will be able to handle the problem of installing a field and a regulation track without the two encroaching on each other. 

Another fly in the ointment might be the county.  I'm pretty sure the county, not the school board, owns the stadium, and I'm not so sure the county is on board with the project.  Whatever they do, they need to do it right.  If not, they'll regret it in the future.

As I had said in a previous post,  they would probably be better off building an entirely new stadium in a different area.  I know it would add a lot to the cost, but I think that would be the best solution.  The current stadium is not located on campus or school property anyway. 

Who knows what they'll do, but as they say...there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Haywood County way!

This will be an on campus facility and stadium the way I understand it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1