Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

4 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Congrats to high school players with D-1 offers.

However, it may not be very special to mention an offer from Tennessee. After all, that's a program that has only managed 4 winning seasons since 2010. 

Just sayin.

You are absolutely right. But just to play devils advocate let’s look at the other side of the coin. Less than one percent of all high school football players in the United States will receive a full scholarship to play football in college. How many of those kids will receive a scholarship to play in the SEC??  If you look at the numbers that way it makes any SEC offer very impressive. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

You are absolutely right. But just to play devils advocate let’s look at the other side of the coin. Less than one percent of all high school football players in the United States will receive a full scholarship to play football in college. How many of those kids will receive a scholarship to play in the SEC??  If you look at the numbers that way it makes any SEC offer very impressive. 

I suppose, but as a University of Memphis fan, I find it kind of strange that players prefer playing for a losing $EC program like UT or Vandy, versus playing for a Memphis program that was 8-3 this year and 12-2 last year with a Cotton Bowl appearance. Just look at the players Memphis has placed in the NFL the last 3 or 4 years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This should be. lot tougher region than the ones Milan and Haywood came from, but those two have to be the early favorites. Milan has a lot coming back, and Haywood is loaded with young talent as always and should be a factor.  SGC seems to have an offense that gives Haywood trouble, but I believe they may have figured some things out on that. Those should be the top three, but Crockett is always tough as well. The non conference schedule for the Tomcats is brutal so far with two games to fill ad not a lot of takers since Dyersburg and Ripley ran for the hills on their first chance,lol

10 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I suppose, but as a University of Memphis fan, I find it kind of strange that players prefer playing for a losing $EC program like UT or Vandy, versus playing for a Memphis program that was 8-3 this year and 12-2 last year with a Cotton Bowl appearance. Just look at the players Memphis has placed in the NFL the last 3 or 4 years. 

Oh no doubt. I would choose Memphis too. I was just speaking to your comment about an offer to UT may not be that special since they haven’t been winning lately. 

1 minute ago, reddyrebel6 said:

This should be. lot tougher region than the ones Milan and Haywood came from, but those two have to be the early favorites. Milan has a lot coming back, and Haywood is loaded with young talent as always and should be a factor.  SGC seems to have an offense that gives Haywood trouble, but I believe they may have figured some things out on that. Those should be the top three, but Crockett is always tough as well. The non conference schedule for the Tomcats is brutal so far with two games to fill ad not a lot of takers since Dyersburg and Ripley ran for the hills on their first chance,lol

I think our last region was tough with Covington, South Gibson and Westview in it. But I do think this one is tougher from top to bottom. Look forward to a lot of fun next year. 

17 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Put Memphis in the SEC and see how fast they become a losing program. Vandy fired their coach and UT needs too!:thumb:

17 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

No one other than blind DYERSBURG fans should be surprised they won’t play Haywood. They, I mean we because I’m a DYERSBURG fan, would rather schedule MLK Prep every year and beat them 80-0 than play someone that could make the team better and is a true measuring stick. More worried about a great regular season record than trying to win gold balls!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

Put Memphis in the SEC and see how fast they become a losing program. Vandy fired their coach and UT needs too!:thumb:

We would be glad to be put in thec$EC and get all those millions of dollars in TV money.  There's a reason UT and Vandy won't play Memphis in football. They  think we might win. 

Ole Miss has been willing to schedule us in the past, but no future games between the two are scheduled. We beat Ole Miss at our place last year. 

We are scheduled to play Miss. State in 2021. We'll see how that turns out. 

Edited by CHARGERFAN