Region 7-4A 2021 Outlook

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

2 hours ago, Dash said:

No one other than blind DYERSBURG fans should be surprised they won’t play Haywood. They, I mean we because I’m a DYERSBURG fan, would rather schedule MLK Prep every year and beat them 80-0 than play someone that could make the team better and is a true measuring stick. More worried about a great regular season record than trying to win gold balls!

Dyersburg has Peabody scheduled next year in non-region action. That will be a good measuring stick game. 

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Put Memphis in the SEC and see how fast they become a losing program. Vandy fired their coach and UT needs too!:thumb:

If Memphis was in the SEC, they would beat Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State. Not saying they would beat those teams every year, but Memphis remember that Memphis scored more points against Penn State (top 10 defense in college football in 2019) in the Cotton Bowl, than Tennessee scored against Alabama, Florida, and Georgia combined.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

We would be glad to be put in thec$EC and get all those millions of dollars in TV money.  There's a reason UT and Vandy won't play Memphis in football. They  think we might win. 

Ole Miss has been willing to schedule us in the past, but no future games between the two are scheduled. We beat Ole Miss at our place last year. 

We are scheduled to play Miss. State in 2021. We'll see how that turns out. 

I am a fan of both schools. I love my vols but, the first college football game I ever attended was a Memphis state game. The Liberty bowl was just a few block from my dads house. The weekends that I was there and, they were playing I got to go to the games. I only saw them win 1 game. It was against Louisville. The Tigers won that game 21-20.  

I know it is the university of Memphis now... BUT, they will always be " Memphis State " to me. 

Back to your original point. Memphis can probably claim to be the best team in the state 5 of the last 10 years. I know for fact they were the best team in the state 3 of the 10. ( excluding the pro team ) 

Why would anyone schedule them? The do not want their in state foe that has a minute amount of money, resources, facilities, and history to beat them. If you are TN, Vandy, OleMiss, Arkansas, or any of the bigger schools in the region you would be silly to schedule a home and away with Memphis. If you are Memphis, you would be silly to take to money to go play any of them. They do not want to respect your program enough to give you a home and away.... screw them we will find someone else to play. 

Just my thoughts. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Dyersburg has Peabody scheduled next year in non-region action. That will be a good measuring stick game. 

Peabody better be careful, Dyersburg has a history of pulling of some upsets. They will for sure have some athletes and I know they have a pretty good group coming back from last years team. DBurg could sneak up on them. 

The game that I am looking forward to seeing is Milan at Peabody week 0. That should be a dandy! 

Also,

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL OF COACHT!!!!

I sure do enjoy getting to read and interact with other fans from other schools on here. I also have a made a few longtime friends here. Stay safe out there guys!

Remember a DUI is about a 10K offense, a funeral is about a 10k expense, a ride can free, cheap, or life saving.... Be smart! 

53 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

If Memphis was in the SEC, they would beat Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi State. Not saying they would beat those teams every year, but Memphis remember that Memphis scored more points against Penn State (top 10 defense in college football in 2019) in the Cotton Bowl, than Tennessee scored against Alabama, Florida, and Georgia combined.

No. They would go .500 at best against the first list. Ga,Fla,Bama, & Auburn would be typical yearly losses. Plus, Ole Miss, Arkansas & Miss st. May be better with the latest coaching changes. Arkansas already showing that Coach Sam Pitman has them on track. But, one thing for sure.....vandy and UT suck right now!

16 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Peabody better be careful, Dyersburg has a history of pulling of some upsets. They will for sure have some athletes and I know they have a pretty good group coming back from last years team. DBurg could sneak up on them. 

The game that I am looking forward to seeing is Milan at Peabody week 0. That should be a dandy! 

Peabody losing two all state lineman to graduation will hurt. Dyersburg will have some big boys in the trenches returning. Will definitely be a good match up. No doubt week 1 will be a slobber knocker.