Riverside 2021

Pantherpride45

4 hours ago, @38320 said:

Riverside took a heavy graduation hit but they will still play some good ball. Frostie and staff will have them ready for the playoffs. They might upset somebody. 

Losing 6 on defense but had a good group of freshman and sophomores get valuable playing will be huge for this upcoming season 

lost 4 on offense but should be very productive again a lot of  underclassmen got some major minutes 

looking foward to Frost’s next chapter  

1 minute ago, @38320 said:

I'm looking for a rise in Scotts Hill stock  as their school population continues to grow with spillover from Lexington, plus growth in Henderson Co. in general. By the time they have to move up to 3A they will be surprising some people. 

They have a good young Qb with the right pieces who knows where they could end up

7 hours ago, @38320 said:

I'm looking for a rise in Scotts Hill stock  as their school population continues to grow with spillover from Lexington, plus growth in Henderson Co. in general. By the time they have to move up to 3A they will be surprising some people. 

Actually, our school population isn't growing. We're up this year from (primarily) Chester Co. students who weren't afforded the option of virtual learning in their home county (and unless they walk at graduation, may never step foot on campus). I have been "privy" to overall school enrollment in the county for 12 years, and it's been unbelievably static at plus or minus 4,000 students with less than 100 margin either way. I do hope that the percentage of students enrolled who participate in athletics continues to increase though. We went through a rough stretch in football that we're still trying to overcome by winning back athletes out of the hallways. Thanks for the nod... I think that we'll be better each year for a while to come, but the old "Rome wasn't built in a day" thing is sooo true that it hurts!!! Personally, I think the wildcard in the new region will be East Hickman... you pretty much know what you get with Riverside, Lewis, and Adamsville, but EH has been steadily building since their staff was in place and nobody knows their ceiling yet.

• 4 weeks later...

1. Riverside - I see the next man up mentality there. Great program.

2. Lewis - They are always in the running and they have great tradition there.

3. East Hickman - They are pulling students from surrounding schools so I can see them at the #3 or #4 spot but you never know that cheap out they pulled avoiding Waverly last year doesn’t speak for very much character in my book. 

4. The Ville - That program is battle tested and gave Riverside a very good game last year. They actually exposed the Panthers weakness last year. I think they could be anywhere from #1 to #4.

5. Scott’s Hill - Great program that will be in contention before to much longer. This year they may gel but I think they are another year out.

6. Hickman - enough said!

7 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

1. Riverside - I see the next man up mentality there. Great program.

2. Lewis - They are always in the running and they have great tradition there.

3. East Hickman - They are pulling students from surrounding schools so I can see them at the #3 or #4 spot but you never know that cheap out they pulled avoiding Waverly last year doesn’t speak for very much character in my book. 

4. The Ville - That program is battle tested and gave Riverside a very good game last year. They actually exposed the Panthers weakness last year. I think they could be anywhere from #1 to #4.

5. Scott’s Hill - Great program that will be in contention before to much longer. This year they may gel but I think they are another year out.

6. Hickman - enough said!

I think you've got it right vandy. The last time we (SH) were building, we had the luxury of having measuring sticks in Wavo & Lewis, then some competitive but second tier programs in our regions... this time we've got plenty of room to get better before we catch the top teams and get in the conversation to win the region. Riverside, Lewis, and Adamsville are time tested programs that are tough outs in their down years, and East Hickman hasn't shown how good they'll be at their peak yet. I still say that one of the three first mentioned is a sure bet for region champ this year, with EH being the unknown. Also a sure bet, is that whomever it is will have to take a few punches to the mouth before they get there.