2021 Winter 1A Poll

TheAmbassador

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I thought this would be a fun topic. Here is an attempt. I believe the west will have 3-4 teams better than the best in the east in 2021. Thoughts?

1. Peabody

2. McKenzie

3. Fayetteville 

4. Lake County

5. South Pittsburg 

6. Greenback

7. Freedom Prep

8. Moore County

8. Clay County

9. Gordonsville 

10. Coalfield

I thought Freedom Prep was moving to 2A...I could be wrong though. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m not sure. Maybe they are. 

Either way, I think it will be hard to gauge what the Memphis teams will bring to the table. Poll looks like a good stating point. I think I would flip flop SP and Lake  Co and move Gordy up. It will be interesting to see if Moore Co can duplicate this year’s success with their new system. If so, they could make a run at the top 5. 

19 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I thought this would be a fun topic. Here is an attempt. I believe the west will have 3-4 teams better than the best in the east in 2021. Thoughts?

1. Peabody

2. McKenzie

3. Fayetteville 

4. Lake County

5. South Pittsburg 

6. Greenback

7. Freedom Prep

8. Moore County

8. Clay County

9. Gordonsville 

10. Coalfield

Looks accurate to me except I believe Freedom Prep is moving to 2A.

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Thanks for the heads up on Freedom Prep. Let’s try this again. 

1. Peabody

2. McKenzie

3. Fayetteville 

4. Lake County

5. South Pittsburg 

6. Greenback

7. Moore County

8. Clay County

8. Gordonsville 

9. Coalfield 

10. West Carroll

Barney let me ask you a question. Do you look at your pole every night and move teams up and down on it?

On 12/29/2020 at 3:05 PM, Pirate1999 said:

Good Poll for Winter reading but bottom line is this... the West can have 20 teams better than the East but only ONE is gonna represent in Championship Game and only ONE team from the East. I would agree Peabody is team to beat but you just never know who will win it. Injuries, one bad game etc. it’s why you play the game. Last two years Peabody found a way but was almost beat in playoffs...went in OT this year and won and year before other team had game won and a fluke fumble happened. Should be a great season In 1A next year. Peabody is team to beat until someone beats them. 

I agree

• 2 weeks later...