2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

45 minutes ago, crow said:

That’ll tell a lot early. For the record York is my region 2 pick for 2021 and 2022 with 2 conditions. 1. They keep their coach, HC changes have really hurt that program recently. And 2 whether we can figure out something on offense. We have the horses, just gotta come up with a productive offensive philosophy. Can’t hold everyone to 10-14 anymore. Gotta put up numbers in today’s game or at least have the ability to kick it up a notch when the situation calls for it. If we find an offense I like our chances. 

So you're thinking that region comes down to that week 5 game between York and Oneida as I'm looking at the schedules?  I just hope we all can attend games next year without restrictions.

9 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

So you're thinking that region comes down to that week 5 game between York and Oneida as I'm looking at the schedules?  I just hope we all can attend games next year without restrictions.

Yes I think so. Rockwood loses a lot and Wartburg is just bad. Monterey may challenge but my understanding is they’re likely to be down next year but I have no first hand info on them. 

Edited by crow

51 minutes ago, crow said:

Yes I think so. Rockwood loses a lot and Wartburg is just bad. Monterey may challenge but my understanding is they’re likely to be down next year but I have no first hand info on them. 

I know Monterey has a stud RB that will be a junior this next season.  I've also heard that Coach Hughes may be in line for the Upperman job.  There was rumors that Caine was leaving.  IDK for sure.   You mentioned in a previous post about York coaching.  I'm pretty sure that is stable as Coach Johnson wants to finish it up at York where he played.  

4 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

I know Monterey has a stud RB that will be a junior this next season.  I've also heard that Coach Hughes may be in line for the Upperman job.  There was rumors that Caine was leaving.  IDK for sure.   You mentioned in a previous post about York coaching.  I'm pretty sure that is stable as Coach Johnson wants to finish it up at York where he played.  

If he’s planning to stay put then that’ll definitely help that program. They’ve had a lot of turnover recently. That’s tough on any program. 

4 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I’m not sure what everyone had coming back in region 2, but Monterey had some pretty good players. 

Might be a 3 horse race then. But again our participation hinges on finding some points. 2 TDs and play defense is a lot harder to do than in the past. 

• East is loaded, West isnt
  • Meigs in class by themselves. TC, W'Town, Marion the next 3
  • West is wide open, certainly Huntingdon and UC from R7 have the most history. 
  • R8, they might still be shut down. Crazy people run that area. 
  • R5 and R6 are completely a guess. Forrest, Adamsville, Lewis, and Riverside would be the safest bets, although if Eli is still coaching Forrest, they could go 5-5 and lose a 1st rd road game in postseason. 
  • Hard to imagine Meigs vs TC/WT/MC in semis, at Meigs, isn't the real state title game.  
  • R1 and R2 have a couple nice teams, but don't expect them to get past Rd 2. They are like R5 and R6 in the West. 

5 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:
  • R5 and R6 are completely a guess. Forrest, Adamsville, Lewis, and Riverside would be the safest bets, although if Eli is still coaching Forrest, they could go 5-5 and lose a 1st rd road game in postseason. 
  • Hard to imagine Meigs vs TC/WT/MC in semis, at Meigs, isn't the real state title game.  
  • R1 and R2 have a couple nice teams, but don't expect them to get past Rd 2. They are like R5 and R6 in the West. 

Meigs got moved back to region 3 for next season which means Meigs v TC/WT/MC would now be quarterfinals.  Region 1 and 2 is now up for grabs to make semi finals between several teams. I'd say Oneida, Hampton, York and South Greene are the FrontRunners there in no particular order.

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Marion will give Meigs all they want next season in the East.