2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

1 hour ago, ghostofthepast said:

If Coach Hughes was coaching Cookeville, they'd be competitive with the top of 6A.  He's the best coach in Putnam, and many would argue the best in the UC.  Considering what he has to work with, his star is rising by the year. 

I agree with him being an outstanding coach. I’ve already openly said they were my pick to win region 2 in 2021 and 2022 with 2 conditions. We don’t change up our offensive philosophy and he stays at YAI. If we change we’ll definitely challenge them or if he leaves we’ll likely beat them. If we stay the same and Hughes stays then they’re my R2 pick the next 2 years. I don’t make that prediction lightly. He has them on the right track and with the returning players and a full year they’ll improve a ton. Add in a few from the halls that haven’t played because of the instability there lately and I think they’re in the conversation for a semifinals team myself. 

Edited by crow

18 hours ago, chrisburr said:

Subject to Change

1 Cumberland Gap

2 Alvin C. York Institute 

3 Tellico Plains

4 Whites Creek

5 Loretto

6 Scotts Hill

7 Gibson County

8 Wartburg Central

9 South Greene

10 Watertown

Other Receiving Votes

Polk County

Summertown

Richland

Riverside

Houston County

You could have done just as well by drawing them out of a hat.

2 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Point is they probably don't belong in any top ten. I'd take Watertown, York, over them right now with the new rosters.

agreed, i find TC to be overrated to be honest, their glory days are over and arent all that great to tell the truth, TC will be lucky to make playoffs, and be out in the first round, i just find them boring.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:05 PM, chrisburr said:

agreed, i find TC to be overrated to be honest, their glory days are over and arent all that great to tell the truth, TC will be lucky to make playoffs, and be out in the first round, i just find them boring.

The giveaway troll clue is the “aren’t all that great” to begin with. State record 33 straight years making the playoffs, something like 88 playoff wins, and of course 9 state titles and 4 runner up finishes. If those glory days aren’t all that great, your expectations are little out of whack.  Very few schools in TN at any classification can claim better.  

17 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

The giveaway troll clue is the “aren’t all that great” to begin with. State record 33 straight years making the playoffs, something like 88 playoff wins, and of course 9 state titles and 4 runner up finishes. If those glory days aren’t all that great, your expectations are little out of whack.  Very few schools in TN at any classification can claim better.  

Wasnt most of the success in 1a ?

44 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

they have had success in 1A and 2A both even when there was only 3 classifications including privates with public

1972 State Championship was in 2A with three classes only. Runner up in same class 73,74,75. The other 8 championships were in 1A.

Disgruntled parents, former disgruntled coaches, and other schools are going to revel in a period of time of less success. For example, a span of a few years with only a runner up and a couple of semi final losses. So yeah, I would say by TC standards we haven’t been “all that great” the last few years.

I would say if posters aren’t a Maryville or Alcoa alum with comparable state championships AND more recent success, they can shut their hole cause they suck infinitely more. 

Edited by Sidelinehustler