2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

On 2/17/2021 at 9:08 AM, Jim1972 said:

Still have to have a coach that can win those close games,without blaming the refs!

Sounds like about half of the folks to my north in Bledsoe. Always the refs fault. No way it could be all their crooked politics in Bledsoe County that ran off all the good players and coaches. Most in the valley are relieved they did though! Bledsoe would be a powerhouse recently otherwise.    

It will be a fun year to watch in 2A. Unfortunately for us  it will be lots more fun for teams playing my Indians this year. Plus Alcoa has it in the bag in 3A

On 2/17/2021 at 6:34 AM, Cashmeout said:

It’ll be ok. Meigs has been moved to region 3 so someone from region 1 or 2 can get to semis. Kinda like getting that participation trophy. If the competition gets too tough just pout, cry and whine until they move the big bad tigers. Don’t act like there weren’t teams doing this...  you’d think you’d learn; now this group will be the “stepping stone” or rest week before finals. 

And meigs was OK with going to region 3? Fitz seemed pretty upset about it in his interview on that Chattanooga area news interview. Nobody in region 1 or 2 cares if “the big bad tigers” get moved or not. Simple fact is it doesn’t really change our path that much. Very few folks remember anyone who makes it to round 3 or less anyway. Most can’t remember who made the semifinals the last couple of years. If meigs or anyone else is gonna beat a team in round 2 or 3 they should be able to beat them in round 4. Some of the Meigs faithful don’t like their more difficult region and quad path to the semifinals now. As for the rest of us third round and unders we don’t really care one way or the other. Simply put if you go out before round 3 you didn’t have much to begin with (you being any team, not any specific team BTW). Just my thoughts and the thoughts I hear from the folks I talk to. 

On 2/18/2021 at 1:39 PM, uknoit2 said:

Jim...Your comment was directed at which team?

Hampton!Who else.

Marion County game 5 or 6 years ago,said they tried to kill the QB and him being out lost the game, but I thought you all got blowed out so that don't hold water.Grace,Oneida 2019.SG anytime they beat you.Really any game you all lose has nothing to do with your coaching inadequacy.Almost as bad as the Pirates but they do make the finals quite often when they are the most talented team.Maybe without Meigs County you can make a Semi final.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jim1972 said:

Hampton!Who else.

Marion County game 5 or 6 years ago,said they tried to kill the QB and him being out lost the game, but I thought you all got blowed out so that don't hold water.Grace,Oneida 2019.SG anytime they beat you.Really any game you all lose has nothing to do with your coaching inadequacy.Almost as bad as the Pirates but they do make the finals quite often when they are the most talented team.Maybe without Meigs County you can make a Semi final.

The QB/FS sustained a femur fracture in first qtr against MC in the '16 semi-final game.....Hobbled and still threw for over 160-yds before he had to go out in the first half. Yea, losing him due to no mobility did and does hold water as far as it ending in a blowout.

You can't be serious bringing up Grace! Everybody fussed when they lost to GCA! :roflol: And if my memory serves me correctly, last time we played them was in '16 and won by 35+....No fussing that night since our sorry coaches were able to pull that one out LOL

Bring any other coach to this area and have the success this hole in the wall has had, then your "inadequacy" comment may hold a lil water. Just glad we're on the radar...to some extent 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Hampton!Who else.

How many inadequate coaches do there have to be for Hampton to make the semi's. Food for thought. 

1 hour ago, pujo said:

How many inadequate coaches do there have to be for Hampton to make the semi's. Food for thought. 

I will say I will be interested in Hamptons record will be when there is not a Jones at QB. I would like to know what there overall record is with those 2 at QB after the youngest is done.Special players both of them.