2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

8 hours ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

York has an EXTREMELY TOuGH schedule but the talk on the mountain is this could be the best chance to make a deep playoff run they've had.... possibly ever?

The semi final team that came to Milan in ‘08 or ‘09 (can’t remember which) was a good team. I would assume that was the best in their history. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 12:35 PM, TheAmbassador said:

Thoughts? Just a shot in the dark. I know some have been left out. It’s wide open since Peabody is gone. 

1. Meigs County

2. Marion County

3. Watertown 

4. Huntingdon

5.  Waverly

6. Trousdale County

7. Monterey

8. Riverside

9. Lewis County

10. Oneida

Others

Union City? How will they be?

Memphis area teams?

Lake Co travels to Union city first game.So hopefully we will have an answer somewhat about both teams

On 4/21/2021 at 8:47 PM, Sequatchie33 said:

Any updates on these rankings?

Dont know much about UC but think LC for sure will be a top 4 to 7 team and still young.RB is very good and a junior.QB will be a junior and more mobile than Last years.Two if top receivers back.Skill people will be no problem barring injuries or unforeseen situations.I think it's going to depend on line play on both sides of the ball.Plus about 4 or 5 middle school players that I think will play right away.Thinking 2 may start being so talented.Middle school teceiver,qb,and running back are all exciting to watch.Could start for a lot of schools but with LC having studs at receiver,qb,rb and only juniors cant see them starting at those particular positions.But I see them playing a lot or starting elsewhere like slot or defensive backs or at least rotate a lot even at their regular positions.LC lost to Northview for the right to go to championship.LC had about 4 key players miss that game due to Covid but still played great.Northview went on and won the state.So I think LC will be a top team next 4 to 5 seasons no doubt.After this year,wouldnt surprise me to be the team or top 2

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2021 at 5:01 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The semi final team that came to Milan in ‘08 or ‘09 (can’t remember which) was a good team. I would assume that was the best in their history. 

they've had several undefeated teams there over the years.  That semi-final team wouldn't crack the top 10 teams for them, they just got a run late in the year.  If I'm not mistaken that team lost to Cannon County that year.  The only York team to ever lose to Cannon

6 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

they've had several undefeated teams there over the years.  That semi-final team wouldn't crack the top 10 teams for them, they just got a run late in the year.  If I'm not mistaken that team lost to Cannon County that year.  The only York team to ever lose to Cannon

Interesting to know. Admittedly I don’t know very much about them. Just thought that was a hard nosed team. Just was outgunned and couldn’t hang past the first two qtrs.