2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

On 12/31/2020 at 9:33 PM, crow said:

York will likely be in this conversation as well. 

On 1/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, ChineseFlu said:

I agree.  I think that region (2) will be a fun region to watch next season.  I was looking at the schedules for those teams and Bledsoe and York open with each other next year.  

On 1/1/2021 at 4:38 PM, crow said:

That’ll tell a lot early. For the record York is my region 2 pick for 2021 and 2022 with 2 conditions. 1. They keep their coach, HC changes have really hurt that program recently. And 2 whether we can figure out something on offense. We have the horses, just gotta come up with a productive offensive philosophy. Can’t hold everyone to 10-14 anymore. Gotta put up numbers in today’s game or at least have the ability to kick it up a notch when the situation calls for it. If we find an offense I like our chances. 

5 months ago also. 

20 hours ago, Sequatchie33 said:

So Spring rolling for a lot of teams! Any new polls? Predictions? 
I will do this one and one about the end of May when spring practice is complete. Based on what I’m hearing.

1- Meigs County-  Deep. Complete. Return several starters. Great coaching staff. Road tough also if needed.

2-Watertown- great traditional team and staff 

3- Marion- Young up and coming team  history of success...  what will be this bunches legacy? 

4-hampton- Give Meigs all they wanted last year,  got a lot of return starters  

5- York   My surprise team! 

1. Meigs is the odds on favorite in the east for sure. Return a very good team but the road to the title game will be tougher this year with a change in region.

2. Watertown returns some good kids. They just have to get over that hump.

3. Marion isn't really that young. Maybe 16, 17 or 18 seniors. A lot of 3 yr starters. Arguably the biggest team we've ever had and possibly the fastest. Very hungry kids too.

4. Hampton is a team to really watch out for. Could be a tough matchup for a semi game.

5. Not familiar with York lately so I'll take the guys opinions on here that know them better. 

Edited by PurplePower68
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

I'm gonna keep an eye on this Monterey team.I have a feeling you are correct.

I’m not counting them out by any means. Given our current coaching uncertainties I can honestly see us anywhere from 1 through 4 in region 2 this year. Depends on how we hire. 

Edited by crow

11 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Respect.

Them and Monterey will shock some people this year.

Not as familiar with Monterey as York but they’re definitely on the radar. Anytime you can sling the ball around you can be dangerous.