2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

21 hours ago, Yeti said:

Those kids you mentioned have alot of games under their helmets for Varsity. The biggest standout from last year to this year in the scrimmage was TY Kraskous. He will be a Sophomore RB for Meigs this coming season. I thought for the new guys he performed the best. Has alot of potential and reminded me of a young Will Meadows. Huckabey is one of the best wr I have seen play at Meigs. It wouldn't surprise me if a smaller school doesn't snatch him up under scholarship. Falls played great offensively and defensively. You would not have known he was a backup qb in the game, he played extremely well.. Keys has lost some weight already and plans to shed a few more pounds. He will be very disruptive on defense. Pendergrass is one of our best overall athletes. With him and Smith as LB our run defense should be top notch this coming season. Our qb Logan Carroll had a pretty good game, He dropped a few well timed passes to some recievers and ran for probably 100 yards in just a few plays. He's already some faster than he was when he took the field last. #26 Shaver was a standout as a reciever in the game. With him and Huckabey in those roles we could easily pass alot more this coming season if we went that route. We should without effort be able to spread out some defenses this coming season. Alot of new kids that had a good game. You could easily tell this team hates losing as they were 100% from start to finish in the scrimmage.

That’s just a darn good breakdown. I’ll ask again to see what else I can add. 

On 5/19/2021 at 12:27 PM, TCRadio said:

with no spring scrimmages, there is way to many questions left unanswered to fill out a top 10. One thing about the top 10 in 2A that will be different from the last 5+ years is peabody won't be there lol. The tide would probably be number 1 even if you added 1A and 2A together, Good luck this season PHS, you guys talk a little trash, but are a classy bunch, ya'll alright in my book!

I'd say 2a in our area will be about the  same as last few years.  With that said H20 have a few key players missing spring football due to baseball.  Only thing you can bank on is Hackett will feild a good defense but offensively I have no clue other than the qb position. 

Edited by biggest

On 5/22/2021 at 1:25 AM, Sequatchie33 said:

That’s just a darn good breakdown. I’ll ask again to see what else I can add. 

Heard a little more today. Nothing earthshaking but....

The defense should be very solid early which should give the offense time to mature and grow thru the season. The Meigs defense is big and fast.
 Meigs has a couple of top notch seniors on the OL that should help blend the younger guys. Meigs found a kicker so no issues there. 
I’m still compiling my list for top 10. Waiting on coaching domino’s to drop. Especially if we get the Bledsoe coach. Which seems likely.Word is he’s really blown away by the facilities and everything that we have to offer at Sequatchie. Gonna be interesting!

23 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Heard a little more today. Nothing earthshaking but....

The defense should be very solid early which should give the offense time to mature and grow thru the season. The Meigs defense is big and fast.
 Meigs has a couple of top notch seniors on the OL that should help blend the younger guys. Meigs found a kicker so no issues there. 
I’m still compiling my list for top 10. Waiting on coaching domino’s to drop. Especially if we get the Bledsoe coach. Which seems likely.Word is he’s really blown away by the facilities and everything that we have to offer at Sequatchie. Gonna be interesting!

Meigs is easily the favorite this year. Marion just hopes to be healthy for that final regular season game. We wrapped up spring practice today and are looking forward to the incoming freshmen being able to be a part of the team once school is over. The 8th graders coming over will be a very good class to follow. There will be a couple that will get a lot of playing time next season. They won the middle school championship this past season and not sure they were ever seriously challenged. 

Marion should have a good year. I was able to see a few practices and they are big and fast. One of the coaches told me they average right at 300 lbs on the line and will be 10 deep with no dropoff. Skill players we will field the fastest team we've ever had with a few kids that if they get to the 2nd level it's over. A bruising FB with a hoss coming in as a freshman as well. The kids know what they're capable of this year and seem to be hungry to prove it.

Edited by PurplePower68

1 hour ago, PurplePower68 said:

Meigs is easily the favorite this year. Marion just hopes to be healthy for that final regular season game. We wrapped up spring practice today and are looking forward to the incoming freshmen being able to be a part of the team once school is over. The 8th graders coming over will be a very good class to follow. There will be a couple that will get a lot of playing time next season. They won the middle school championship this past season and not sure they were ever seriously challenged. 

Marion should have a good year. I was able to see a few practices and they are big and fast. One of the coaches told me they average right at 300 lbs on the line and will be 10 deep with no dropoff. Skill players we will field the fastest team we've ever had with a few kids that if they get to the 2nd level it's over. A bruising FB with a hoss coming in as a freshman as well. The kids know what they're capable of this year and seem to be hungry to prove it.

Fastest ever?  

9 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Sounds like Marion very well may be the favorite.

2 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Big game experience is huge. I'd give Meigs the nod.

I wont sandbag, we will be good but alot of unknowns still. We should  be better defensively than last year. Offensively In our scrimmage I saw some great things but still unproven and need a few games under our belt to truly know how good we will be. I dont think you will out match us in skill players but who knows. I try not to blow smoke etc. Should be the best game for both teams till playoffs.

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

I wont sandbag, we will be good but alot of unknowns still. We should  be better defensively than last year. Offensively In our scrimmage I saw some great things but still unproven and need a few games under our belt to truly know how good we will be. I dont think you will out match us in skill players but who knows. I try not to blow smoke etc. Should be the best game for both teams till playoffs.

Oh we have some unknowns as well. Qb situation is key but we have a younger kid that is making pretty good strides to be the main play caller. Our size will be our biggest asset. Our secondary really looked good in practice. They all have started for 3 yrs so they should be seasoned. 

I agree it should be the best game for us and hopefully we can meet up a few weeks after that one again. Rumor is we will have a visiting coach helping out for a little while that will help out on the defensive side of the ball.

13 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Your joking 300 pounds.  They are all big enough to play in the SEC.  You think im joking but im not.