2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Who are you thinking out off the west General ? The two best are now in 1 A Peabody and McKenzie ! I think your top 3 are out of the East this year. I could see west view making some noise,we play them pretty early that will be a great measuring stick for us and them. I just do t see Huntington making noise. Waverly moved up so I just can’t figure out the west right now .

I believe Huntingdon will be better than everyone is expecting come playoff time.  I think it comes down to the mustangs and westview out west in 2A or a Memphis school. Definitely wide open in 2A now that 1A is loaded.  

22 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Marion will beat Forrest. IDK if it will be a mercy rule but I would say 2-3 TDs unless Forrest has an all world defense 

Those couple years in the playoffs Forrest just ran into some very strong Marion teams. Forrest has some good tough kids so anything can happen next season.

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

I believe Huntingdon will be better than everyone is expecting come playoff time.  I think it comes down to the mustangs and westview out west in 2A or a Memphis school. Definitely wide open in 2A now that 1A is loaded.  

Huntington playoff history does not support your comment. 

25 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

Huntington playoff history does not support your comment. 

A new and much more challenging schedule will payoff come playoffs I believe.  Our regular season schedule has definitely hurt come playoffs time the last few years.  By the way we ran into some pretty impressive teams over the last several years in the playoffs.  

1 hour ago, 1983 said:

A new and much more challenging schedule will payoff come playoffs I believe.  Our regular season schedule has definitely hurt come playoffs time the last few years.  By the way we ran into some pretty impressive teams over the last several years in the playoffs.  

No doubt on all of your points. But. your offense is to predictable come playoff teams. The stangs are tough kids but schemes come into play in playoffs. 

3 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Wishful thinking for TC, but Bledsoe, Marion and Meigs, spot on.

TC bout to enter a dark age.

Sure because their tons of GoldBalls and great records thru the years do speak to a sudden decline ! Come on be a better version, maybe be the voice of the future not a hater from the past of a solid program ! 

10 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

No doubt on all of your points. But. your offense is to predictable come playoff teams. The stangs are tough kids but schemes come into play in playoffs. 

Yep it would definitely help to open up the playbook

8 hours ago, 1983 said:

Yep it would definitely help to open up the playbook

So the question would be why not try it ? Stangs don’t have the speed as years past but short screens and such work wonders! Mix it up if you have a coach second guessing that’s the first step to a hard win ! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

9 hours ago, Bushog02 said:

Hampton gave Meigs heck in the playoffs and South Greene still got a dang good quarterback. 

South Greene and Hampton both have good qbs. When Meigs played South Greene after Hampton we switched up the defense some and it made a big difference. The South Greene qb wasn't so great under pressure but was probably the most elusive player we had seen all year as far as being hard to get too. The kid could scramble to say the least.

7 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Never know. Some kids don't play and some don't pan out, but 9 times out of 10 groups of kids that are successful all the way up from little league generally enjoy success on Friday nights too.

Thats true, we had one player in particular that was a talent like Swafford was I believe. Watched him play a few games his 8th grade season. If he had under 20 yards per carry id have been surprised.