2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

17 hours ago, Sidelinehustler said:

The Trousdale County football team will field a very competitive squad this year. The line took  some hits due to graduation but is improving at a steady clip. The backs should be our strength with a good combination of speed and power. Staying away from the injury bug will be imperative due to a lack of depth at all positions (but that’s every team).

Disclaimer:

I am no longer responding to pathetic jealous idiots. I would urge all to do the same. 

Injuries will make or break this season, I am fairly confident in the O-line but we lost the front 7 on defense which is scary. Only time will tell....

i think the two biggest difference this year will be Marion's resurgence and the wacky west with a bunch of good 2A teams going to either 1A or 3A

All the East teams that are usually good will be good again, TC, Watertown, Meigs, etc. East, after I've seen who went where, has a real chance at Gold this year. Talent is important but so are systems and the mindset of the community. There's a reason the same few teams are good every year. Much of it is the expectation of the coaches, staff and community. Kids perform where they are expected to perform. They rise to meet the standard. Sometimes you think a team will be down and they catch a not-too hard schedule, a couple lucky breaks, and have an amazing season.    

Forrest will go 7-3, 8-2 in a bad region and maybe win 1 first round game. 

We go back and forth and almost every season is the same with just a small amount of variety. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i think the two biggest difference this year will be Marion's resurgence and the wacky west with a bunch of good 2A teams going to either 1A or 3A

All the East teams that are usually good will be good again, TC, Watertown, Meigs, etc. East, after I've seen who went where, has a real chance at Gold this year. Talent is important but so are systems and the mindset of the community. There's a reason the same few teams are good every year. Much of it is the expectation of the coaches, staff and community. Kids perform where they are expected to perform. They rise to meet the standard. Sometimes you think a team will be down and they catch a not-too hard schedule, a couple lucky breaks, and have an amazing season.    

Forrest will go 7-3, 8-2 in a bad region and maybe win 1 first round game. 

We go back and forth and almost every season is the same with just a small amount of variety. 

You made a post about that subject a few years ago, do you remember what the heading was? I wouldn't mind re reading it if you can remember the name of it.

14 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Who is doing a top 10 poll? 

with no spring scrimmages, there is way to many questions left unanswered to fill out a top 10. One thing about the top 10 in 2A that will be different from the last 5+ years is peabody won't be there lol. The tide would probably be number 1 even if you added 1A and 2A together, Good luck this season PHS, you guys talk a little trash, but are a classy bunch, ya'll alright in my book!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

with no spring scrimmages, there is way to many questions left unanswered to fill out a top 10. One thing about the top 10 in 2A that will be different from the last 5+ years is peabody won't be there lol. The tide would probably be number 1 even if you added 1A and 2A together, Good luck this season PHS, you guys talk a little trash, but are a classy bunch, ya'll alright in my book!

Haha trash ? who talks trash ? 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Ahhh. You will have a good idea. Any players left? Any showed up? Ect 
I will call my ole buddy in Meigs and see how they are looking and report back.