2021 Winter 2A Poll

TheAmbassador

27 minutes ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

York will be much improved. 2nd year under new head coach. 7 returners on offense and 8 on defense. We shall see how realignment helps them. No easy task at all with Oneida, Monterey, and Rockwood in their region....

Marion is returning the same offense and defense 

6 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

That’s what I’ve stated multiple times. This Marion team is much like the 2020 SP team. You should be in Cookeville and have a shot to win the whole thing. 

I’m hoping you’re right. We beat that S.p. Team so that bodes well for the Tigers.  

37 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

You guys are putting an emphasis on a QB, but in my opinion you guys need to tighten up your defense. If that happens and I believe it will, I believe you would be a favorite out of the east.

To me they put alot of speed on defense and sometimes speed can’t tackle and it showed when Marion played Bledsoe, Silverdale and Watertown. TMO

On 12/29/2020 at 2:36 PM, MustangGuru said:

Huntingdon isn't a top 5 team yet. They have ALOT of work and improvement to do on the offense before they are a contender in 2A right now. The biggest question mark is how will they respond  offensively without the usual talent in the backfield they have had in years past. I can honestly say and I mean this with a whole lot of love to our boys in blue... BUT our backfield was not up to par this year. Could be the worst that I've seen in a long time. They played HARD but TALENT wise we were way down.  Kaleb Pearson(brother of KADE) will be a sophomore and is my guess on the QB position.  Tayshawn Rivers another sophomore will be RB and then its wide open. It will be another rebuilding year for the OLINE as most of the line last year were starters.. LOTS of unknowns this year. With our schedule this year it could be rough for us Mustangs.  

Very proud of the mustangs this past season.  The expectations were lower than normal and they far exceeded those in my opinion.  I do believe the mustangs will be better next season and the tough schedule will only help them come playoff time.  The backfield for the mustangs will be young but very talented.  Would not be surprised if their is a QB battle between a Sophomore and freshman.

10 minutes ago, ChineseFlu said:

I agree.  I think that region (2) will be a fun region to watch next season.  I was looking at the schedules for those teams and Bledsoe and York open with each other next year.  

That’ll tell a lot early. For the record York is my region 2 pick for 2021 and 2022 with 2 conditions. 1. They keep their coach, HC changes have really hurt that program recently. And 2 whether we can figure out something on offense. We have the horses, just gotta come up with a productive offensive philosophy. Can’t hold everyone to 10-14 anymore. Gotta put up numbers in today’s game or at least have the ability to kick it up a notch when the situation calls for it. If we find an offense I like our chances.