Science Hill cancelled playing Knox Catholic

stockton4182

3 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Yea your wrong. I know Crockett played at least 2 private schools already around Christmas so it's just Science Hill being afraid. Science Hill has always been a bunch of crybabies and always will.

Starting NEXT year if you had listened. And I'm not taking up for SH iv seen were they've always played good  teams every year.Christ came through and took 4 local players from DB @ SH and they don't play them anymore.Im saying the smaller schools couldn't afford to lose there best players to the private schools and there not gaining anything playing them. Your telling me your ok if a private school came in and took your best players?Memphis schools are raising heck right now because Houston had 4 D1 players transfer in there this year from Texas and other places so its not just here

Edited by numnuts

46 minutes ago, numnuts said:

Starting NEXT year if you had listened. And I'm not taking up for SH iv seen were they've always played good  teams every year.Christ came through and took 4 local players from DB @ SH and they don't play them anymore.Im saying the smaller schools couldn't afford to lose there best players to the private schools and there not gaining anything playing them. Your telling me your ok if a private school came in and took your best players?Memphis schools are raising heck right now because Houston had 4 D1 players transfer in there this year from Texas and other places so its not just here

But if its next year why cancel against Catholic  this year? Afraid like I've said. Dobyns Bennett played Providence and Baylor. Crockett played Maryville Christian and Concord Christian who knows about other Big 7 teams.

9 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

But if its next year why cancel against Catholic  this year? Afraid like I've said. Dobyns Bennett played Providence and Baylor. Crockett played Maryville Christian and Concord Christian who knows about other Big 7 teams.

Don't have a clue.Unless it was because Mains tried to get some of the girls to come play there.But we can't say there scared they've played alot of good teams the last 5 years.and the have a good team this year

Edited by numnuts
Add

15 hours ago, numnuts said:

Don't have a clue.Unless it was because Mains tried to get some of the girls to come play there.But we can't say there scared they've played alot of good teams the last 5 years.and the have a good team this year

Yep their scared.  I'll say it again their scared. They entered a tournament knowing their were 3 private schools in the bracket.

1 hour ago, stockton4182 said:

Yep their scared.  I'll say it again their scared. They entered a tournament knowing their were 3 private schools in the bracket.

There was 4 at first. McCallie was in the original tournament bracket that I saw and they along with Morristown West, withdrew.

Edited by QSouth89

16 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

I believe "they're" is what you are looking for there.  I agree that public schools do not benefit by playing private schools and can see why a public would prefer avoiding games with privates.  My point is simply that the private schools are on the rise and have been poaching the better players at an increased level the last several years.  I cannot speak as to any specific reasons as to why SH did not want to play Catholic though.  I can say with certainty that several of the best players from East TN are at private schools instead of the normal public school powers.  However, I do not blame the private schools for recruiting because they are allowed to, and I do not blame kids for going private.  The national movement of the best players going to private schools is just now coming to TN.  When you look at the best teams around the country playing in big tournaments or on TV they are almost all private schools.  You do not see any county or small city schools at those big tournaments like the City of Palms; You see prep schools and catholic schools and academies.  Lastly, look at the schools for the top 100 players coming out of high school.  They will be 90% private school kids.  That trend has started here

11 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

I believe "they're" is what you are looking for there.  I agree that public schools do not benefit by playing private schools and can see why a public would prefer avoiding games with privates.  My point is simply that the private schools are on the rise and have been poaching the better players at an increased level the last several years.  I cannot speak as to any specific reasons as to why SH did not want to play Catholic though.  I can say with certainty that several of the best players from East TN are at private schools instead of the normal public school powers.  However, I do not blame the private schools for recruiting because they are allowed to, and I do not blame kids for going private.  The national movement of the best players going to private schools is just now coming to TN.  When you look at the best teams around the country playing in big tournaments or on TV they are almost all private schools.  You do not see any county or small city schools at those big tournaments like the City of Palms; You see prep schools and catholic schools and academies.  Lastly, look at the schools for the top 100 players coming out of high school.  They will be 90% private school kids.  That trend has started here

Who cares how I said it.