Best Team in the area in each class

BallIsLife1

Class A: region 6 McKenzie Loretto and Summertown is a bit ahead of the lady rebels. McKenzie's press will suffocate teams but Summertown and Loretto are 3 point shooting teams, and will be able to counter their pressure by hitting the long ball. 

Region 7 I think GC and Union City are the favorites. Peabody is close behind with Greenfield being the fourth best team. Greenfield struggled against Union City's pressure and no one can match up with Bonds and Williams in the half court. Peabody defense keeps them competitive against any opponent in the state. The key is keep Peabody in a half court game, prevent run outs, and double team CeCe Johnson when she gets the ball.  Union City is the most athletic team in single A in West TN, Head to head with Gibson County I think the Lady tornados are the favorites

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

Class A: region 6 McKenzie Loretto and Summertown is a bit ahead of the lady rebels. McKenzie's press will suffocate teams but Summertown and Loretto are 3 point shooting teams, and will be able to counter their pressure by hitting the long ball. 

Region 7 I think GC and Union City are the favorites. Peabody is close behind with Greenfield being the fourth best team. Greenfield struggled against Union City's pressure and no one can match up with Bonds and Williams in the half court. Peabody defense keeps them competitive against any opponent in the state. The key is keep Peabody in a half court game, prevent run outs, and double team CeCe Johnson when she gets the ball.  Union City is the most athletic team in single A in West TN, Head to head with Gibson County I think the Lady tornados are the favorites

I disagree. Don’t think Union City can guard Madison. She had 33 last year in Region Semis against them. Keep in mind it was Union City that couldn’t handle GC’s pressure last year and they got the same ball handlers and ours are better this year. If you are judging GC on the McKenzie game based on handling pressure, you are mistaken. 

Edited by pioneer42

On 1/3/2021 at 9:24 AM, Dadof2 said:

At this point in the east.

1A North Greene, Cloudland, Tellico.

2A Northview Academy, Granger, Alcoa or Meigs.

3A Farragut, Bearden, Maryville. Oak Ridge can sneak in there. I think some of this can change if teams can start playing on a regular schedule and get in a rhythm. 

Who takes it between Farraugt, Bearden and Maryville? Any of the 3 can go 1, 2, 3 

Right now I can't place them as they are that close. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Who takes it between Farraugt, Bearden and Maryville? Any of the 3 can go 1, 2, 3 

Right now I can't place them as they are that close. 

Based on what a couple coaches said that have seen all three teams play. 1 Farraugt 2 Bearden 3 Maryville. Oak Ridge has a good team but I think they are a little behind those three along with Bradley. But I will say I haven’t seen Oak Ridge play this year, but I know Stone beat OR pretty handedly, and Maryville beat Stone and lost by 2 the second game. It could be anyone off these teams by the end of the season.

19 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Vouch on Peabody comment. If you let them do what they do well, they are tough. If you can get them out of their element, not so much. Have to limit live-ball turnovers and make them hit shots.

I do disagree on UC being a favorite against GC, but I do think it could be very competitive on the right night. UC lacks some of the consistency you see from GC, but their ceiling is very high. Bonds and Williams can get buckets when they want, but aren't always assertive enough. GC has an added layer from last year with more athletic guard play. Madison can do it all, but doesn't have to. Biggest factor would come down to execution. Whoever can force most mistakes and limit their own. That's why I mentioned consistency and would still give GC an edge.

47 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Based on what a couple coaches said that have seen all three teams play. 1 Farraugt 2 Bearden 3 Maryville. Oak Ridge has a good team but I think they are a little behind those three along with Bradley. But I will say I haven’t seen Oak Ridge play this year, but I know Stone beat OR pretty handedly, and Maryville beat Stone and lost by 2 the second game. It could be anyone off these teams by the end of the season.

I would guess that OR is a tad behind the other teams mentioned. I am excited to see how much they have improved during the Holidays. If you would like to see the OR Lady Wildcats play go to YouTube and search for    prep radio. Most all Oak Ridge games are on there.

Good luck to your team!