Too Early 2021 Winter 4A Rankings

10 hours ago, Swipes said:

That might be true but my statement still stands.  

They will still have to be a huge leap from last years team to even be in the conversation in 4a in the East with what the 4 teams I mentioned have coming back off last years teams.  Upperman last year lost to 4a Livingston, 2a Watertown, 3a Loudon (41-16), and Barely beat 1a Oneida who was 4-6.  None of those teams would have given Betsy, Greeneville, SD, or AC a game last year.  That same Loudon team was beat twice by Red Bank and East Hamilton (4a) gave Red bank a better game (27-24) than Loudon ever did and East Hamilton wasn't even in the Conversation in the East with AC beating them by 29 and Betsy rolling them with ease in the play offs by 28 after letting off the gas mid way through the 3rd quarter.

Agree but won't face anyone like Alcoa, who has put them out of the playoffs several times. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Agree but won't face anyone like Alcoa, who has put them out of the playoffs several times. 

No team will face a team like Alcoa in the Play offs unless you're in 6a or 3a.  4a in E Tennessee is better than 3a overall on a year to year bases (Yes, Alcoa is the exception team.  It's a tough road in Quad 1 having to run through Betsy, Greeneville, SD, or AC in back to back weeks)  I would like anyone opinion of who would beat Betsy, Greeneville, SD, and AC in 3a in the East not named Alcoa?

4 hours ago, Swipes said:

No team will face a team like Alcoa in the Play offs unless you're in 6a or 3a.  4a in E Tennessee is better than 3a overall on a year to year bases (Yes, Alcoa is the exception team.  It's a tough road in Quad 1 having to run through Betsy, Greeneville, SD, or AC in back to back weeks)  I would like anyone opinion of who would beat Betsy, Greeneville, SD, and AC in 3a in the East not named Alcoa?

Just my two cents but I think 3A in the West was much tougher than 4A in the west prior to reclassification. Now 4A is stacked on both sides. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Just my two cents but I think 3A in the West was much tougher than 4A in the west prior to reclassification. Now 4A is stacked on both sides. 

I would 100% agree with you.  The 4a contenders in the West all were beaten by 3a teams during the regular season.

I’m happy with the reclassification and making the west stronger because it’s been dominated by the East really since the TSSA went to 6 classifications. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 months later...

So now that spring practice is over where does everyone stand in 4A?  I know Milan had a good couple of weeks of practice with a pleasant addition to our O line. So overall we are looking good. But I know Haywood had a couple of big time names make official visits yesterday and GreenEville lit it up during track season with with their football players turned sprinters. Pearl had some kids make some big time noise during track season. Where do we all sit now. I still say Haywood in the West and Betsy in the East until someone proves otherwise. But GreenEville, PC and several others definitely capable of making the otherwise happen. 

16 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So now that spring practice is over where does everyone stand in 4A?  I know Milan had a good couple of weeks of practice with a pleasant addition to our O line. So overall we are looking good. But I know Haywood had a couple of big time names make official visits yesterday and GreenEville lit it up during track season with with their football players turned sprinters. Pearl had some kids make some big time noise during track season. Where do we all sit now. I still say Haywood in the West and Betsy in the East until someone proves otherwise. But GreenEville, PC and several others definitely capable of making the otherwise happen. 

After having been at the Elizabethton/Haywood game, if Haywood is the best the west has again this year the East side will walk away with it again. Regardless of which eastern team makes it. 

Just now, JMorton said:

After having been at the Elizabethton/Haywood game, if Haywood is the best the west has again this year the East side will walk away with it again. Regardless of which eastern team makes it. 

I don’t know that they are the best. They have just had the most success in 4A lately of any of the teams in 4A on the west side of the bracket. So in my mind until someone puts them out they are the top dog over here. Milan, PC and South Gibson I believe can beat them. But until it’s done I call them the favorite. 

1 minute ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t know that they are the best. They have just had the most success in 4A lately of any of the teams in 4A on the west side of the bracket. So in my mind until someone puts them out they are the top dog over here. Milan, PC and South Gibson I believe can beat them. But until it’s done I call them the favorite. 

I can agree with that. I would put my money in Milan right now. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

We all know that Haywood was the best in 4a out west but with Milan, PC, & South Gibson moving to 4a that in my opinion bumps them down.  All three teams would have represented the West last year if any were in 4a. (Last Year South Gibson beat Haywood 52-35, Milan handled South Gibson both times they played, and PC gave Milan their best game in the playoff out west).  

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Swipes said:

We all know that Haywood was the best in 4a out west but with Milan, PC, & South Gibson moving to 4a that in my opinion bumps them down.  All three teams would have represented the West last year if any were in 4a. (Last Year South Gibson beat Haywood 52-35, Milan handled South Gibson both times they played, and PC gave Milan their best game in the playoff out west).  

27 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Milan at 4A sets a new standard in the West. I agree with Purplepounder it is Haywood till they are dethrone, but I’ll pick Milan on the Big Ones.

So guys tell me about GreenEville and maybe some of the other teams out East in 4A. Any news after spring practice?  What are some names we need to keep an eye on??