Too Early 2021 Winter 4A Rankings

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I don’t know that they are the best. They have just had the most success in 4A lately of any of the teams in 4A on the west side of the bracket. So in my mind until someone puts them out they are the top dog over here. Milan, PC and South Gibson I believe can beat them. But until it’s done I call them the favorite. 

Lexington should also be in that discussion for the west. Imo. I thought they were the best 4A team on our side of the bracket last year. Unfortunately if I recall correctly they lost #1 (whose name is just escaping me at the moment) but he was the heart of the team from what I understand. I hear they have some talent returning and of course a 2k yard rusher returning. 

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So guys tell me about GreenEville and maybe some of the other teams out East in 4A. Any news after spring practice?  What are some names we need to keep an eye on??

Greeneville returns 10 on D and 9 on O from last years team that was put out by Betsy in the Quarters 24-20.  Like you stated before the Greene Devil's have amped up the speed training to complement the weight program they have had for over the last decade.  Had kids at the Wake Forest and ETSU football camps this past weekend.  As a team they will have athletes all over the field including 4 starters who finished 2nd in the 4 x 100 in the large school classification this past track Season along with the state tournament MVP in  AA basketball in Gillespie (Who was 4a All state last year as a DB).

Betsy returns Quality players also in Rollins, Russel, Roberts, Taylor, Stephens off the top of my head.  The biggest question mark will be replacing the starts they lost on that massive Oline.

Anderson County returns quite a bit from last years team and has the bruising RB back in Noe.  The biggest question is do they have the speed to keep up with Greeneville, Betsy, and SD. (They are always big and strong).

South Doyle would be my other pick in 4a out East.  They move down from 5a and making a Quarter Final run last year before being put out by Oak Ridge 14-0 whop represented the East in the 5a state championship last year.  They return a really good RB in Shawn Gary.

2 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Greeneville returns 10 on D and 9 on O from last years team that was put out by Betsy in the Quarters 24-20.  Like you stated before the Greene Devil's have amped up the speed training to complement the weight program they have had for over the last decade.  Had kids at the Wake Forest and ETSU football camps this past weekend.  As a team they will have athletes all over the field including 4 starters who finished 2nd in the 4 x 100 in the large school classification this past track Season along with the state tournament MVP in  AA basketball in Gillespie (Who was 4a All state last year as a DB).

Betsy returns Quality players also in Rollins, Russel, Roberts, Taylor, Stephens off the top of my head.  The biggest question mark will be replacing the starts they lost on that massive Oline.

Anderson County returns quite a bit from last years team and has the bruising RB back in Noe.  The biggest question is do they have the speed to keep up with Greeneville, Betsy, and SD. (They are always big and strong).

South Doyle would be my other pick in 4a out East.  They move down from 5a and making a Quarter Final run last year before being put out by Oak Ridge 14-0 whop represented the East in the 5a state championship last year.  They return a really good RB in Shawn Gary.

I thought South Doyle lost in the semis??

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lexington should also be in that discussion for the west. Imo. I thought they were the best 4A team on our side of the bracket last year. Unfortunately if I recall correctly they lost #1 (whose name is just escaping me at the moment) but he was the heart of the team from what I understand. I hear they have some talent returning and of course a 2k yard rusher returning. 

I agree Lexington will have a good team. I have two concerns with them. One is the offensive line lost a lot to graduation. How good will that running back be without the veteran hogs in front of him. Also they will be paired up with region 5 in the playoffs. I think that will be a major road block for them. That region may be the best top to bottom in the state in 4A. 

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

So guys tell me about GreenEville and maybe some of the other teams out East in 4A. Any news after spring practice?  What are some names we need to keep an eye on??

GreenEville Speed, speed, and more speed to compliment the strength gained from the weight room.  Looks to be 18 to 19 starters returning.  Gudger,  Gillespie,  Stevenson, just to name a few.  

Others from the east Betsy, AC, South D.

7 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Smith was there QB/S and yes he made them go IMO. But there O line was something as well. Thought they were second only to Peabody that I saw in person last year. With ample blocking Mclaine will get some yards. Lexington is in the same shoes Hardin County is in, where both teams will have a new starting QB  and you never know how that’s gonna go. But expect these two teams to battle it out for there region.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tigersandcats said:

Smith was there QB/S and yes he made them go IMO. But there O line was something as well. Thought they were second only to Peabody that I saw in person last year. With ample blocking Mclaine will get some yards. Lexington is in the same shoes Hardin County is in, where both teams will have a new starting QB  and you never know how that’s gonna go. But expect these two teams to battle it out for there region.

Spot on