Sequatchie County 2021

ChineseFlu

23 minutes ago, Sequatchie said:

On paper at first glance it doesn't look great.  Everything I can tell Bledsoe is only his 3rd stop as HC.  He was Head Coach at Monterey when he was a young guy from (1995-1997) and was (5-27) and then at Stewart Co.  (2000-2002) and was (7-23) .

However from what I can find he has been an Assistant Coach at Emanuel County Institute in Georgia until he took the job in Pikeville (2004-2018) .  He was ECI's Offensive Coordinator from (2008-2018) in that span they were (110-27) won 5 Region Titles and their 2nd State Championship and his offense put up a combined 5,249 points in those years he was OC.   It appears he learned a lot in that span and found or developed an offense he really likes and makes it where his kids can execute it.

The past two years after he left for Pikeville, ECI (2019-2020) is (10-11) only scoring 512 points. 

His two years at Bledsoe Co. (2019-2020) Tabor and BCHS is (19-5) scoring 696 points of which 387 was scored last season.  In the previous five years (2014-2018) Bledsoe Co. scored a combined 923 points. 

I would say he learned a lot in between HC jobs. He had some good kids at Bledsoe the past couple years but I also believe he's a good coach. Sequatchie is in a good position to be able to land a very good coach. Facilities will be second to none in the area.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, PurplePower68 said:

I would say he learned a lot in between HC jobs. He had some good kids at Bledsoe the past couple years but I also believe he's a good coach. Sequatchie is in a good position to be able to land a very good coach. Facilities will be second to none in the area.

I agree! 

Any coach at Sequatchie County regardless of sport in my opinion will never have to go without something that some other program might have in regards to facilities or equipment to help his team compete and be successful.   Who ever they hire they need someone who can talk to the kids and recruit the halls as there has been a number of great athletes over the last several years not playing football and focusing instead on basketball, baseball, wrestling, soccer or running track. 

I like the idea of hiring Grider  I think his name would help a lot in what I mentioned about getting some kids on the fence out.  I know he had took a job as an Assistant but maybe he isn't done with being a HC and was just burned out in SP and needed a fresh start.   While he wouldn't have the athletes he had at SP as folks saw what Coach Caine did in Dunlap in just a couple of years if a coach like Grider or anyone for that matter can get the kids to buy in and give 110% they can compete with most anyone at the 3A level. 

I'm hoping an announcement comes Tuesday or at least this week.  Maybe a decision has been made and they gave someone the weekend to think it over.   It would give the new coach a couple of weeks to get to know his players and get a playbook gone over before the Dead Period.

Edited by Sequatchie

7 minutes ago, Sequatchie said:

I agree! 

Any coach at Sequatchie County regardless of sport in my opinion will never have to go without something that some other program might have in regards to facilities or equipment to help his team compete and be successful.   Who ever they hire they need someone who can talk to the kids and recruit the halls as there has been a number of great athletes over the last several years not playing football and focusing instead on basketball, baseball, wrestling, soccer or running track. 

I like the idea of hiring Grider  I think his name would help a lot in what I mentioned about getting some kids on the fence out.  I know he had took a job as an Assistant but maybe he isn't done with being a HC and was just burned out in SP and needed a fresh start.   While he wouldn't have the athletes he had at SP as folks saw what Coach Caine did in Dunlap in just a couple of years if a coach like Grider or anyone for that matter can get the kids to buy in and give 110% they can compete with most anyone at the 3A level. 

I'm hoping an announcement comes Tuesday or at least this week.  Maybe a decision has been made and they gave someone the weekend to think it over.   It would give the new coach a couple of weeks to get to know his players and get a playbook gone over before the Dead Period.

Best of luck to you whoever you hire. Except for that 2nd week :thumb:

3 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

Best of luck to you whoever you hire. Except for that 2nd week :thumb:

Thanks!  I gotta think Tabor from Bledsoe has to be our top candidate!  He’s Young. He’s Close. Seems to be a hot commodity. I hear he really like us and what we have to offer at Sequatchie. No brainer for both parties!

Edited by Sequatchie33

10 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

I agree! 

I think it will come later this week.  i don't know how much they were able to do last week due to spring fling going on.  Good luck.

19 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

I agree! 

Every school has kids walking the hallways that should be playing, but just won't.   Ten years from now they all wish they had