Sequatchie County 2021

ChineseFlu

On 5/3/2021 at 8:53 PM, Indian said:

Sequatchie approved turf for the stadium tonight. 

On 5/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, PurplePower68 said:

Gonna be nice

If I'm not mistaken it will be only the 3rd Public school team in SE Tennessee to have turf behind Rhea County and Cleveland.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bolddust281 said:

I prefer grass, but am excited about the new field.

Who is going to be responsible for washing and hosing it down to get the stench out next time upperman is here?

Well they are not playing the next 2 years and might not play for awhile since Upperman has moved to 4A

19 hours ago, bolddust281 said:

I prefer grass, but am excited about the new field.

Who is going to be responsible for washing and hosing it down to get the stench out next time upperman is here?

You can use carpet fresh or call Stanley Steamer to try and to get the stain and stench out after playing Upperman, but you're right, sometimes that doesn't work either. :D

15 hours ago, Jet Pride said:

Who you talking about

If you haven't heard yes Coach Wattenbarger resigned yesterday.

It came as a surprise as everyone was getting pretty excited for the season.  They just wrapped up spring with around 70 kids not counting a few I think still playing baseball and supposedly will have around 10-12 incoming 9th graders.

All that after a 2-8 season.

Edited by Sequatchie

I may be biased but I don't see Sequatchie having a problem finding quality candidates for the job.  The school system is currently investing heavily in renovating/updating their athletic facilities keeping them the best in the Sequatchie Valley and among the best in public school systems in the State.

The football stadium is getting new synthetic turf with construction set to begin any day now.  The QB Club with help form the school system is going to be updating the field house with new lockers and other things.  If I'm not mistaken the stadium will also be getting new LED lighting.

A new regulation sized track is going in with new lighting so SCHS can hold regional/sectional track & field events.  Both the Baseball & Softball fields are getting makeovers with new backstops etc.. and LED lighting before next season.

4 hours ago, Sequatchie said:

I may be biased but I don't see Sequatchie having a problem finding quality candidates for the job.  The school system is currently investing heavily in renovating/updating their athletic facilities keeping them the best in the Sequatchie Valley and among the best in public school systems in the State.

The football stadium is getting new synthetic turf with construction set to begin any day now.  The QB Club with help form the school system is going to be updating the field house with new lockers and other things.  If I'm not mistaken the stadium will also be getting new LED lighting.

A new regulation sized track is going in with new lighting so SCHS can hold regional/sectional track & field events.  Both the Baseball & Softball fields are getting makeovers with new backstops etc.. and LED lighting before next season.

True there!  I’m hearing several candidates for my boys in purple! Heard ole school may apply. Heard Tabor at Bledsoe may be the leading candidate! He really likes Sequatchie and the resources available. Anyone else got anything?

• Sequatchie changed the title to Sequatchie County 2021