Sequatchie County 2021

ChineseFlu

13 hours ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

Heard the Bledsoe Co coach is the frontrunner?

Really hope no loser from Pikeville will be the front runner for a job in God’s Country. Now that Wattenloser is gone we should be actively seeking out a proven winner who can take us to the promised land. 

I didn’t donate to the program to watch it fall in shambles. Heard the superintendent is waiting to make a hire after the Spring Fling.

A waitress at Cagle Mountain restaurant said a young man with Blount County tags came in the other day. Made me say hmmmm

On 5/10/2021 at 2:41 PM, bolddust281 said:

I prefer grass, but am excited about the new field.

Who is going to be responsible for washing and hosing it down to get the stench out next time upperman is here?

Your boy will still run a 6.0 40 trying to play a skill position. Hopefully they will keep you from walking up and down the fence line next year making a full of yourself and your 3 ex wives.

I can’t believe Wattenloser let you have breakfast with him once a week to break down film. Unbelievable 

On 5/24/2021 at 10:16 AM, UCPrepShowcase said:

Heard the Bledsoe Co coach is the frontrunner?

Word I’m getting is Tabor from Bledsoe is the lead horse!  I can see that. Young coach that took a average Bledsoe team and went undefeated!

Keep in mind Bledsoe has been fighting a political mess for years firing coaches left and right. Keeping ones that should be fired. 
  Tabor can see what’s coming down the pike in pikeville and it ain’t pretty! Gonna get ugly quickly in pikeville. It’s driving distance for Tabor.We can offer more money.

Plus we have the best and newest facilities in the valley!  It’s a win win for Tabor.  Bring him on!

On 5/25/2021 at 10:33 PM, PurplePower68 said:

Heard this as well. Bledsoe coach would be a good hire though. He can coach!

What is Bledsoe Coachs record other than the 2 years he has been at Bledsoe?

To me, Gryder is the obvious choice, if he is in fact interested.

15 minutes ago, TheBest2018 said:

I don't know anything about him other than what he's done at Bledsoe. Having seen a few of their games I just think he can coach (as do others who know a lot more about football than me).

I've heard the Grider rumors like a lot of people have. I've heard a few names and to me Tabor would be a good hire. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TheBest2018 said:

21 hours ago, PurplePower68 said:

I don't know anything about him other than what he's done at Bledsoe. Having seen a few of their games I just think he can coach (as do others who know a lot more about football than me).

I've heard the Grider rumors like a lot of people have. I've heard a few names and to me Tabor would be a good hire. 

On paper at first glance it doesn't look great.  Everything I can tell Bledsoe is only his 3rd stop as HC.  He was Head Coach at Monterey when he was a young guy from (1995-1997) and was (5-27) and then at Stewart Co.  (2000-2002) and was (7-23) .

However from what I can find he has been an Assistant Coach at Emanuel County Institute in Georgia until he took the job in Pikeville (2004-2018) .  He was ECI's Offensive Coordinator from (2008-2018) in that span they were (110-27) won 5 Region Titles and their 2nd State Championship and his offense put up a combined 5,249 points in those years he was OC.   It appears he learned a lot in that span and found or developed an offense he really likes and makes it where his kids can execute it.

The past two years after he left for Pikeville, ECI (2019-2020) is (10-11) only scoring 512 points. 

His two years at Bledsoe Co. (2019-2020) Tabor and BCHS is (19-5) scoring 696 points of which 387 was scored last season.  In the previous five years (2014-2018) Bledsoe Co. scored a combined 923 points. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1