Super 25 Oakland

FBfan26

36 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Congratulations to Oakland on being Nationally Ranked in the Super 25 at #24.

I'd love to see the 23 teams nationally who would beat Oakland.  I'd honestly love to see one of them.  The IMG team that played Ravenwood on ESPN this past year would have had a difficult time with Oakland.  

• Upvote 1

They looked like National Champions against us, congratulations.  I knew that game was off on the wrong tracks for us soon as NFHS came on air and the broadcaster was bringing the game live from the sidelines while asking his daughter to text and let him know if he was coming through live and she never would respond. Talk about facebook lighting up like a Christmas Tree with people madder than wet hornets and I was trying to tell many as possible to turn that joke off and go to MYTV30. By the way Tennessee has had three National Champions before that I know of 1933 Knoxville High Trojans, 1937 Knoxville High Trojans with Johnny Butler a star at UT and 1972 Tennessee High Vikings so Oakland in my book qualifies. Never seen a team beat us like that with a belt and the second half they beat us with the buckle end of it. That's just how far out in front Oakland and their program was last season against any team in the State of Tennessee.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

I think the 1958 Oak Ridge Wildcats won a National Championhip. At least thats what we are taught.

They may have Willie. I do know for sure they were the state champs in 1958 and played Chattanooga Central on the last game of the season in Oak Ridge which was the big showdown between number one and two in the state and 14,000 were there to watch and OR win 14-6. They also were state champs in 1956 as well.

14 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I'd love to see the 23 teams nationally who would beat Oakland.  I'd honestly love to see one of them.  The IMG team that played Ravenwood on ESPN this past year would have had a difficult time with Oakland.  

1IMG Academy (Bradenton)8-0

2North Shore (Houston)14-0

3Grayson (Loganville)14-0

4St. Joseph's Prep (Philadelphia)6-0

5Duncanville10-1

6Chandler10-0

7Thompson (Alabaster)14-0

8Corner Canyon (Draper)14-0

9Ryan (Denton)13-0

10Westlake (Austin)12-0

11Trinity (Louisville)10-0

12Archbishop Hoban (Akron)11-0