So, a QB moved from one Knox County school to another today

HTV

3 hours ago, StateChampion87 said:

Doubt Lamar recruited him, he was average at best.  Nothing wrong with being average high school player, most are.

I believe the kid is playing out of position anyway.  He is built like a mack truck, and super athletic.  Don't be surprised if Lamar puts him at Linebacker going forward.  I think that is his best chance on playing at the next level.  JMO 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BigTime1950 said:

Thought you would be up on the scoop. BHS has a supposedly great freshman QB. He is the basketball coaches son. Don't want to make the basketball coach mad or eliminate any basketball players playing football. It has been a problem at BHS for years. So transfer QB saw the writing on the wall.

I know what the situation is.  

Like I said, just looking for some consistency.  

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Isn't that you have to move like 20 miles away from previous school?  Last time I checked Bearden is not 20 miles away from West.  

20 miles only applies to Private schools since they have no zone boundries. So public to private and private to public are held to the 20 mile rule. Public to public only requires a zone change either through a permanent address change or a change of guardianship.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

Isn't that you have to move like 20 miles away from previous school?  Last time I checked Bearden is not 20 miles away from West.  

No, the distance rule is for privates since they don't actually have a territory. There are houses over here that one side of the street is Alcoa and the other side of the street is Maryville. If you legitimately moved from one side of the street to the other, you would be eligible.   

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

No, the distance rule is for privates since they don't actually have a territory. There are houses over here that one side of the street is Alcoa and the other side of the street is Maryville. If you legitimately moved from one side of the street to the other, you would be eligible.   

Hmmmm.  interesting. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, keepitmoving said:

You can actually drive past Bearden HS on your way to West HS if you live in certain parts of the Bearden HS zone. Most of the Bearden zone population is closer to BHS than it is to West HS. It makes no sense but that's how the powers in Knox County wanted it

12 hours ago, LittleJerrySeinfeld said:

In the old days at Bearden there were almost no kids who played both football and basketball.  I am pretty sure the 2019 state championship basketball team had 2 football players in the starting lineup.  

Can you name them? Were they starters/players or just token bench sitters.