Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

44 minutes ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Kriesky would do a good job.  I know he is not the "big" or the hot choice etc but he is a good coach. He is from and lives in that area as well.  But let me throw another name out there for you. How about a Justin Plamer?  

Interesting take, but is he looking to leave Cordova? I think it will be a challenge to get the position filled unless you are bullet proof... Nobody is going to want to leave a job or move a family with the rate of turnover. .... As a loooooooong time follower of the program and blaze fan, I hope they get the right personnel in place  

Well the pool is about to get even more diluted with the New Christiana High School about to be built.

They ran thru sorting out the sewer and water lines for it about two months ago.  That will draw students away from R'dale and 'maybe' Oakland.

Just for grins and giggles think about the man that was ORIGINALLY suppose to be it first head Coach before Rankin torpedoed him to keep from having to compete against him.

For those that don't know, Crawford was 'supposed' to be Blackman's first Head Coach.

7 minutes ago, Lost Old Dad said:

Well the pool is about to get even more diluted with the New Christiana High School about to be built.

They ran thru sorting out the sewer and water lines for it about two months ago.  That will draw students away from R'dale and 'maybe' Oakland.

Just for grins and giggles think about the man that was ORIGINALLY suppose to be it first head Coach before Rankin torpedoed him to keep from having to compete against him.

For those that don't know, Crawford was 'supposed' to be Blackman's first Head Coach.

I think Crawford could be a good fit if he can scheme for the way the game is played today.... I am not sure if he even wants to be back in the game

59 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Interesting take, but is he looking to leave Cordova? I think it will be a challenge to get the position filled unless you are bullet proof... Nobody is going to want to leave a job or move a family with the rate of turnover. .... As a loooooooong time follower of the program and blaze fan, I hope they get the right personnel in place  

I have no clue.  Don't really know much about him other than he seemed to have Shelbyville rolling then he applied at Siegel and once that happened powers that be seemed to turn on him down there. 

On 1/12/2021 at 9:30 AM, MidTennFootball said:

This thread is long on rumors, short on logic. Only way Hartsfield leaves Blackman this year is on his own, he has no pressure from the administration. Blackman has taken a step back, but nobody stops to think why they have instead they just blame the coach. 

Replace Hartsfield and your gonna have the same problems. Blackman could have taken the easy way out and played an easier schedule, but they didn't; some years you reap the benefit some years it's just not in the cards. Nobody in RuCo is beating Oakland until Creasy and Jackson leave, so the quarterfinals is the best you can do and that's exactly what Blackman did in 2019

Speaking of Jackson. Do you think he’s ever going to go for a head coaching job, or does he seem like he’s happy and content with what he’s doing now? I do want to include that I don’t fault him either way. He’s in a position where he gets to run the show on defense while Creasy handles offense and that’s a great school to coach at. Plenty of coaches are plenty happy being coordinators and not dealing with that stress that being a head coach adds.

This is an interesting job, but they have got to get out of this habit of changing coaches so quickly. The last 2 guys they had only lasted 3 years each but win loss record wise, there was no indication that either coach was in over their head or anything like that. 

Oakland is really strong year in and year out right now. The region as a whole is really strong. This is a tough job. It’s been up and down historically with who is the best team. Allow someone to coach there awhile and really lead the program. Right now, there’s no shame in making it to the quarterfinals and losing to Oakland. Really interested to see who applies for this one next. 

17 hours ago, BooWhoWiseMan said:

Kriesky would do a good job.  I know he is not the "big" or the hot choice etc but he is a good coach. He is from and lives in that area as well.  But let me throw another name out there for you. How about a Justin Plamer?  

If you want someone who can develop QBs & get the community involved, then Palmer is your guy.  His offenses are very good.  I am not sure if he would want to leave Alabama and come back to Tennessee, but we will sit back and watch.

1 hour ago, Doppelganger said:

If you want someone who can develop QBs & get the community involved, then Palmer is your guy.  His offenses are very good.  I am not sure if he would want to leave Alabama and come back to Tennessee, but we will sit back and watch.

Good at offensive development 

Edited by FuzzyFootballs44

On 1/13/2021 at 10:33 AM, MichaelMyers76 said:

Rankin is not going anywhere he can't draw his state retirement from. He is on 120 day contract at Alcoa. That would be hard to match.

Steve WIlliams is a good man. I am sure he wants to be a head coach again after Overton principal railroaded him.

Of course Perry is wanting out. He just had all his athletes zoned to Green Hill.

Kriesky is in a tough spot. The toughest region in the state. Privates poach his athletes.

Rang is always looking to move. :thumb:

2 hours ago, Doppelganger said:

Palmer burned a lot of bridges in Rutherford when he pulled out of Siegel last minute. He also has a lot of baggage in his personal life. Not to say he wouldn’t be a good coach there.