Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

1 hour ago, purple75gold said:

Palmer burned a lot of bridges in Rutherford when he pulled out of Siegel last minute. He also has a lot of baggage in his personal life. Not to say he wouldn’t be a good coach there. 

I have heard this from a few people. What baggage? I've only ever heard about how great of a man he was, and was valued on Christian beliefs and morals. 

On 1/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, MidTennFootball said:

This thread is long on rumors, short on logic. Only way Hartsfield leaves Blackman this year is on his own, he has no pressure from the administration. Blackman has taken a step back, but nobody stops to think why they have instead they just blame the coach. 

Replace Hartsfield and your gonna have the same problems. Blackman could have taken the easy way out and played an easier schedule, but they didn't; some years you reap the benefit some years it's just not in the cards. Nobody in RuCo is beating Oakland until Creasy and Jackson leave, so the quarterfinals is the best you can do and that's exactly what Blackman did in 2019

Why did he go to Mt. Pleasant?

15 minutes ago, FuzzyFootballs44 said:

Also, I am now hearing from multiple people Palmer is in fact a name in the hat, along with Derek Pritchard, DC at Ensworth. This will be an interesting hiring process. 

Palmer would take it in a heart beat.   I don't know the situation over there, but I do know since Shadowen's was released, its been a revolving door.   I thought Watson did a good job over there and had a nice record as well.   It really makes you wonder to what standard they're holding these guys....

I don't know the specifics but something had to have gone on for Shelbyville to let Palmer go. Then you have the Siegel issue. And wasn't Palmer going to Summit before backing out on them? Too many bright red flags imo. 

And ive heard he is a good coach and his record backs that up. But not once have I heard he was a good person until fuzzy brought it up. 

Blackman needs to get this hire right. 

26 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

I don't know the specifics but something had to have gone on for Shelbyville to let Palmer go. Then you have the Siegel issue. And wasn't Palmer going to Summit before backing out on them? Too many bright red flags imo. 

And ive heard he is a good coach and his record backs that up. But not once have I heard he was a good person until fuzzy brought it up. 

Blackman needs to get this hire right. 

Well the people I heard that from had boys on the team. I'm sure all the winning and success would blind some eyes. Who knows the truth man.

On 1/14/2021 at 12:05 PM, FuzzyFootballs44 said:

I have heard this from a few people. What baggage? I've only ever heard about how great of a man he was, and was valued on Christian beliefs and morals. 

If you haven’t heard what happened to cause shelbyville to let him go after they paid for him to back out of the Siegel job I’m not going to put the man’s business out in here. Just say it wasn’t very Christian like. Once again, he’s been a very successful coach but there’s baggage that come with it 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 1/16/2021 at 10:27 PM, purple75gold said:

If you haven’t heard what happened to cause shelbyville to let him go after they paid for him to back out of the Siegel job I’m not going to put the man’s business out in here. Just say it wasn’t very Christian like. Once again, he’s been a very successful coach but there’s baggage that come with it 

Who is “they”?

On 1/14/2021 at 1:26 PM, FridayMainEvent said:

I know two very successful Coaches in East Tennessee that have inquired about jobs in the past couple of years.   It'll be interesting to see if either of those have an interest in this one..... No, I won't name any names, but they're familiar to most.

Why not say their names??  They would probably enjoy the ego boost