Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

This thread is long on rumors, short on logic. Only way Hartsfield leaves Blackman this year is on his own, he has no pressure from the administration. Blackman has taken a step back, but nobody stops to think why they have instead they just blame the coach. 

Replace Hartsfield and your gonna have the same problems. Blackman could have taken the easy way out and played an easier schedule, but they didn't; some years you reap the benefit some years it's just not in the cards. Nobody in RuCo is beating Oakland until Creasy and Jackson leave, so the quarterfinals is the best you can do and that's exactly what Blackman did in 2019

9 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

This thread is long on rumors, short on logic. Only way Hartsfield leaves Blackman this year is on his own, he has no pressure from the administration. Blackman has taken a step back, but nobody stops to think why they have instead they just blame the coach. 

Replace Hartsfield and your gonna have the same problems. Blackman could have taken the easy way out and played an easier schedule, but they didn't; some years you reap the benefit some years it's just not in the cards. Nobody in RuCo is beating Oakland until Creasy and Jackson leave, so the quarterfinals is the best you can do and that's exactly what Blackman did in 2019

I would be willing to bet Hartsfield is out and headed to Mt. Pleasant. But until it's confirmed, you can believe your speculations. Good solid argument you have. 

I have heard a few names with interest in A- Leaving their job B- Taking a better job. The following names are NOT names I have heard in correlation with the Blackman job, just names I have heard buzz about leaving where they are. I cannot stress that enough.

1. Gary Rankin- Alcoa HC

2. Steve Williams- Smyrna OL

3- Trey Perry- Mt. Juliet HC

4- Matt Kriesky- Centennial HC

5- Derek Rang - Gatlinburg Pittman HC

Rankin is not going anywhere he can't draw his state retirement from. He is on 120 day contract at Alcoa. That would be hard to match.

Steve WIlliams is a good man. I am sure he wants to be a head coach again after Overton principal railroaded him.

Of course Perry is wanting out. He just had all his athletes zoned to Green Hill.

Kriesky is in a tough spot. The toughest region in the state. Privates poach his athletes.

Rang is always looking to move.

Edited by MichaelMyers76
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Rankin is not going anywhere he can't draw his state retirement from. He is on 120 day contract at Alcoa. That would be hard to match.

Why could he not draw his state retirement from Blackman? It has been rumored for several years that he would like to finish up his time back in RuCo.