Blackmon Job

FuzzyFootballs44

Just now, FuzzyFootballs44 said:

Why could he not draw his state retirement from Blackman? It has been rumored for several years that he would like to finish up his time back in RuCo.

They would have to give him the same 120 day contract situation. He can't draw retirement and be full time.

Also, he would not come back to RuCo because he would not have the control to bring in all the athletes like he does now and did when he was at Riverdale. He has never exactly "looked for a challenge". He left RuCo when his special zoning ceased to exist. Creasy controls Murfreesboro now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

They would have to give him the same 120 day contract situation. He can't draw retirement and be full time.

Also, he would not come back to RuCo because he would not have the control to bring in all the athletes like he does now and did when he was at Riverdale. He has never exactly "looked for a challenge". He left RuCo when his special zoning ceased to exist. Creasy controls Murfreesboro now.

Hmm, fair point. I would personally have a hard time leaving Alcoa if I were him. I'd have to ride that ship out. Coming back to RuCo for a job like Blackman would be just that, a challenge. 

Edited by FuzzyFootballs44

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

He lives out in the country and has a nice view of the Smoky Mountains. I don't think he would leave beautiful Blount County.

@BCsportsfan

He grew up in pretty beautiful country in Smith County. His last son has graduated. JT is married now and living in Nashville area. He may want to get back closer to family in Middle TN, but I doubt it would be to coach.

Edited by MichaelMyers76
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

While Creasy has a strong hold on the Boro at the moment, don't kid yourself into thinking Rankin could not pull the switch and get it back. The great thing is that Rankin still has enough clout in this area, that parents would relocate and rezone to have their kids play under Rankin. Tullahoma, Cookevile, Shelbyville... Rankin could make it happen in a skinny second.  That said I don't see that happening... I think this next hire will be a power coach from outside the area. The pot gets thin when they start looking at the turnover, and asking why.  Who knos maybe a Will Hester kinda guy comes to mind???? Just sayin

Edited by Blaze45
Punctuation , Spelling , Grammar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

While Creasy has a strong hold on the Boro at the moment, don't kid yourself into thinking Rankin could not pull the switch and get it back. The great thing is that Rankin still has enough clout in this area, that parents would relocate and rezone to have their kids play under Rankin. Tullahoma, Cookevile, Shelbyville... Rankin could make it happen in a skinny second.  That said I don't see that happening... I think this next hire will be a power coach from outside the area. The pot gets thin when they start looking at the turnover, and asking why.  Who knos maybe a Will Hester kinda guy comes to mind???? Just sayin

LOL

Just my opinion but if Hester were interested he better hope he gets it if he puts his name out there. He already left Ravenwood once for greener pastures. I cant see him leaving again and ever being welcomed back. 

And if you are Blackman do you really want Hester? Is he the best you can do? Why not reach out to Jackson at Oakland first? 

9 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Just my opinion but if Hester were interested he better hope he gets it if he puts his name out there. He already left Ravenwood once for greener pastures. I cant see him leaving again and ever being welcomed back. 

And if you are Blackman do you really want Hester? Is he the best you can do? Why not reach out to Jackson at Oakland first? 

No I don't think Hester leaves Ravenwood  again either, I am saying a coach along that lines... Someone who knows the area, has connections and ability to coach at that  level.  I do think Rankin could go anywhere he wanted in this area and have all the players he wanted....But don't think he is going anywhere either. He want to go out on top , not rebuilding. 

3 hours ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

He grew up in pretty beautiful country in Smith County. His last son has graduated. JT is married now and living in Nashville area. He may want to get back closer to family in Middle TN, but I doubt it would be to coach.

I thought we were talking Blackman not Smith County. Don't move the goalposts. Speaking of goalposts, have you seen the goalposts at Mount Pleasant?